The role of the mortgage servicing PM/BA (Sr. Systems Analyst) is to work closely with the business units and IT staff to capture, manage and communicate project-related information to key stakeholders including executive and IT leadership teams. This role provides project leadership, coordination and oversight for all IT led projects across the department. Projects vary depending on size, complexity and scope and will require flexibility and adoptability tailored to each project. The position requires day to day coordination with project leads, both business and technical, to ensure that tasks are being completed on-time and on-budget.
The PM/BA acts as the liaison between the development team and the various business units and users to facilitate the delivery of business applications for customers. The PM/BA will also coordinate communicating and updating key stakeholders, Business and IT, in the articulation of accurate, comprehensive requirements thereby allowing subsequent project phases (analysis, design, development, testing and deployment) to operate smoothly. This role requires a balanced blend of applying project management and business analysis skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the mortgage servicing business in the development of initial requests for IT services through the IT intake process. Work with the business to ensure that project requirements are met through the delivery of projects during the project execution and the closedown phases.
- Able to lead multiple small/medium projects using a blend of project management and systems analyst skills. Lead feasibility and requirements meetings to obtain business and functional requirements.
- Assess situations and document them with limited supervision. Determine necessary technical documents and ensure completion. Develop use cases and process flows and ensure documentation conforms to standards. Ensure that issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner during the requirements gathering process.
- Provide input, clarify questions, and review technical specifications, business processes, and recommendation to ensure technical design meets documented business objectives. Have thorough understanding of technical solution design and resulting process changes – focusing on requirements and testing concepts. Ensures requirements traceability throughout sdlc.
- Develop project release notes communicating intended system changes to Release Management and business organizations.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to organize and drive change verification across multiple teams
- Planning and organizing skills
- Strong track record of becoming functional subject matter expert on business platforms, preferably in the mortgage domain
- Interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Prior experience in mapping and defining optimized business processes
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Project certifications (i.e. PMBA or PMP) preferred
- Prefer prior technology, project management and business analysis experience within the mortgage space
- Minimum five years of professional experience as a systems analyst