The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Establish client relationships and work within and outside of GHD’s network of clients to develop work.
- Ensure deadlines and quality control measures are met, evaluate project work in accordance to a predetermined timeline and budget, consistently align with the strategic goals of the organization and the scope of the contract for projects as assigned.
- Act as the subject matter expert on environmental remediation construction best practices and mentor entry level project managers to ensure work is performed safely throughout the US.
- Understand company goals and objectives; connect them strategically with day to day efforts, including project management from the initial development to the initiation stage through to closure for all environmental remediation projects as assigned in the NE region
- Direct all aspects of execution for projects in accordance with the scope of the contract including pre-bid and proposal preparations, project start up, contract management, resource loading and cost controls, material buy out, subcontractor management, cash flow management and change order negotiations
- Collect information using project control tools to show daily progress status, compile information weekly and coordinate monthly project status reports to communicate progress using the Risk Matrix, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) graphs to control projects
- Analyze physical progress and financial data to generate timely and accurate forecasts that support performance status reporting, including completion dates and financial results
- Establish and maintain effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment and additional work opportunities
- Proactively coach, train and motivate project teams; manage oversight of the project team and maintain project requirements for safety, quality, productivity to ensure they are maintained throughout the duration of the project
- Assist with the preparation of bids and proposals, generate, prepare and submit invoices per the terms of the contract for all assigned projects
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience managing environmental remediation construction projects related to soil treatment and stabilization, waterway remediation, groundwater control and treatment, site preparation, excavation or earthwork construction work
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering/Science, Construction Management or equivalent related combination of education and environmental remediation construction management experience
- Previous work experience must demonstrate a progressive increase in financial responsibility, supervisory accountability and leadership with a track record of meeting and exceeding company goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with little or no direct supervision and thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Relocation to Southwest Michigan, reporting to our Plainwell, Michigan office. It may be possible to work out of another GHD office.