Sr. Technical Support Engineer
With our strong investment in research and development, and culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. We invite you to join more than 6,000 people who work for Hexcel at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe and join our “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Sr. Technical Support Engineer for our Wichita, KS location.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Provide comprehensive and efficient technical support to the Americas based material business covering all aspects of products, processes and technical sales communications as provided direct to customers, potential customers and internal staff.
- Effective communication liaison between Hexcel and key customers, along with transactions between Hexcel facilities.
- Provide technical support and experienced expertise for the introduction of new products and technologies within designated industries.
- Provide technical support at customer sites for all Hexcel products manufactured at our various locations.
- Actively promote and develop customer applications to use Hexcel products and processes including honeycomb, pre-preg, reinforcements and infusion resins.
- Perform technical support for the introduction and qualification of new Hexcel products at key customers for the aerospace markets.
- To be the technical authority on a defined range of products and production processes.
- To provide direct technical guidance on material selection and processing techniques to Americas customers.
- To provide comprehensive problem solving support to customers for materials, applications and processing.
- To fully support the promotion of Hexcel’s existing and future material sales by developing working technical supportpartnerships with key customers/markets.
- To generate user specifications and provide essential support to Sales, Product Management and R&T departments for the development of new products and applications.
- To research, prepare and maintain a fully comprehensive technical library, for composite materials, their processing, data, and applications, in particular to support the creation of promotional and technical literature.
- To research and fully understand competitive materials, technologies and processes.
- To take a key role in preparing and providing internal and external training courses covering all Hexcel Composite material groups, processes and applications.
- Assist/influence Hexcel internal R&T teams in the development of materials driven from industry knowledge in support of specific applications, or a technology need.
- Responsible for the organization and management of his/her own day-to-day workload. This includes customer visits, response to technical inquiries by phone, fax and Email, and planned visits to Hexcel R&T and manufacturing sites.
- Maintain regular and effective contact with key customers as well as Hexcel sales staff, production, marketing, and R&T (frequency as appropriate).
- BS degree in Engineering or related discipline and a minimum of 5years of experience with composite material production and applications; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of composite manufacturing, engineering and end use in Aerospace applications.
- Knowledge of Hexcel product range and performances, plus experience with applications is required.
- Understanding of material applications and process parameters is essential.
- Travel and work with customers primarily in Americas mid-west region.
- Operate effectively and contribute to sales, marketing and business objectives, it is essential to have a high level of team work, organization and communication skills.
- Support the company in presenting a reliable and respectable image to customers.
- Relate to customer requirements and gain their confidence and respect for technical ability.
- Command the personal respect and confidence of colleagues and customers.