An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Health Safety & Environment Manager within Honeywell’s Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) business located in Metropolis, Illinois. This position will be responsible for coaching, mentoring & leading Health Safety, Environmental (HSE) programs and activities for all manufacturing research and development, and administrative operations at the site.
* Lead a cultural change that will facilitate the journey to HS&E Excellence
* Lead and provide expert hands-on technical involvement on issues, programs, and processes to ensure compliance with HS&E standards and policies and interpretations of local and national HS&E requirements, permits and regulations
* Help develop and manage safety, health, environmental and security programs, including air, hazardous and solid waste, waste water and storm water, SPCC, EPCRA, CERCLA, security, occupational safety, contractor safety, industrial hygiene, radiation, process safety, and management systems.
Lead strategic and tactical programs with the site staff to improve performance, and sustainability
* Manage Compliance Audits, Self-Audits and Action Item tracking to timely closure
* Drive Honeywell Operating System (HOS) and HSE Integration for the site.
* Drive cost improvements in HSE services and supplies
* Develop and encourage broad employee engagement in HSE programs
* Develop trend analysis and appropriate action plan
* Manage interactions and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, outside support / consulting groups, and regulatory agency personnel
* Provide functional support of the Management of Change (MOC) process, HSE review of capital projects, and participation in process hazard assessments
* Share best practices across sites to ensure continuous learning and improvement and to drive productivity
* Accountable for conducting periodic reviews and assessments to evaluate status of cultural change. Where there are gaps, work closely with the right resources within the plants to educate, coach, and take action to help close those gaps
* Provide functional input to sites in the region for development of the site strategic plan, capital plan, and annual operating plan as they relate to HS&E
* Participate in significant safety incident investigations and root cause analyses
* Work with site on specific HS&E concerns and issues, providing technical input where needed
* Participate in planned agency visits
* Accountable for reviewing, tailoring and communicating new Honeywell Corporate and PMT HS&E procedures, legal and other requirements to the appropriate members of regional site leadership and functional resources. This work will be done in partnership with HS&E work teams to ensure consistent interpretation and implementation across sites. Basic Qualifications:* BS degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline is required.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Health, Safety, and Environmental role within a manufacturing environment is required.
* Minimum 4+ years’ supervisory experience is required.
* Prefer 10 years plus, experience of occupational health, safety and/or environmental experience in chemical manufacturing or processing
* Knowledge of and direct experience in Health, Safety and Environment auditing, management systems, Responsible Care® and ISO 14001 is also a plus
* Process safety experience
* Demonstrated HSE leadership and experience, preferably in large site or multi-site settings.
* Six Sigma / Lean experience is desired
* Able to assess strengths and opportunities in the essential aspects of HS&E excellence and help organization improve through training and motivation.
* Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Mature judgment and decision-making ability, with strategic and tactical Health, Safety and Environment experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills (training/presentation, team collaboration and communication) with the ability to influence others
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a changing environment to meet customer and business needs
* Strong computer, project management, and organizational skills required.
- Job ID: 00353638
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: Metropolis, IL USA