Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Financial Crimes Analytics (FCA), within Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM), is looking for an Analytic Consultant to join an exciting team focused on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) analytics that lead to successful delivery of Risk Management solutions to Wells Fargo & Co.
This position will report to a Financial Crimes Analytics Consultant responsible for AML Analytics.
Analytic Consultant 3 areas of responsibility can include:
- Utilizing internal & external data to provide insights, develop analytical strategies, and provide analytical support regarding a wide array of business initiatives in the Financial Crimes space.
- Partnering with business and technical partners across FCRM to design and implement analytic solutions.
- Understanding and expanding the existing landscape of Anti-Money Laundering and counter-terrorist financing surveillance.
- Supporting the continued design and development of AML/CTF monitoring programs.
This person in this position will use multiple databases, adhere to internal data management regulations and policies, and adhere to external regulatory bodies and requirements. The Consultant will also assist with the documentation of enhancements, model validation, change requests, data access requests, and UAT testing as necessary.
Travel: This position will likely include working with peers and management in remote/separate geographical locations, and may require periodic travel.
Location: The position may sit in Portland, OR, or Oakland, CA.
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of SAS experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used in: statistical analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques
- 1+ year of project management experience
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- 1+ year of BSA/AML experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Anti Money Laundering (AML) requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) compliance
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding USA PATRIOT Act and Anti Money Laundering (AML) requirements
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)