Senior Revenue Management AnalystThe Revenue Management team at HomeAway is growing fast. From modeling demand, building forecasts and price response functions, we are working to help property owners maximize their occupancy and revenue on the platform. Unlike the hotel or airline space, our owners aren’t studied statisticians - they could be anyone. Building a scalable and intuitive self-service revenue management system is no easy task. Our team will be challenged by data problems, storytelling, education and design. The opportunity is so promising that the revenue management teams is one of the central investments for the future of HomeAway.
As a Senior Revenue Management Analyst on the Revenue Management Team, you’ll play a major role in how we architect, visualize, and interpret critical data that is at the very core of our business. You’ll partner with our leaders to understand objectives, and then work alongside our data scientists, engineers, and product owners to execute and communicate findings back to the business through visualizations and presentations. Simply put – we want you to be HomeAway’s leading expert on data and predictive analytics for revenue management.
- Be aware of data streams captured in the company in any format (structured, unstructured, semi-structured, external API etc.) and how to overcome their obstacles
- Assist others in the company in data discovery and data preparation phase
- Work closely with various Product, Business and Engineering teams
- Understand the “big picture” our data presents and frame analytic problem statements in response to business and product challenges
- Be an expert in the Exploratory phase and prescriptive analysis - i.e build and assess models, review results, etc.
- Articulate storytelling to business stakeholders - focus on telling the “business” story (abstracting data complexities and processes) and influencing the audience
- Troubleshoot issues within our internal systems and take advantage of opportunities to improve our processes; we are looking for someone who has a thirst for asking questions and wondering why certain processes are in place
- 3-5 years of experience in either web/travel industry or strategy/ data consulting is required
- Previous analytical experience in revenue management or pricing preferred
- Knowledge of web industry environment (A/B testing, Conversion funnel, traffic sources…) is preferred
- Solid background in mathematics, statistics or economics required
- Flexibility with timelines and priorities as well as effective communication are essential keys for the success of this role
- Strong strategic thinking to partner with product owner on success of Revenue Management
- Passion for number crunching and logical problem solving on intellectual challengesAbility to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions while factoring in a One Team approach