Business Systems Analyst, Warehouse & Logistics
Business Systems Analyst, Warehouse & LogisticsThe Business Systems Analyst, Warehouse & Logistics, is responsible for the design, delivery, and support of application solutions for Warehouse & Logistics business processes, primarily SAP Materials Management, Warehouse Management, Logistics Execution, Supply Chain Management and integration with 3rd party WMS applications (PkMS). The Business Systems Analyst, Warehouse & Logistics will engage business stakeholders to: elicit and define business requirements; design, develop, and implement solutions that meet business needs; collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement integrated solutions; drive deployment of solutions including end user training and communications; support production systems including analyzing and resolving production problems and end user service requests. The role requires strong technical abilities within application design, configuration, implementation, and support, especially with SAP solutions; building and maintaining relationships with business stakeholders; understanding of business processes; ability to work with cross-functional teams; basic project management skills; and strong communication skills. The role will interface withmultiple departments including Distribution, Logistics, Customer Service, Manufacturing, and Finance. The role will interface with multiple locations including Corporate Headquarters in Oakbrook, IL; Manufacturing & Distribution in Nogales, MX; and Distribution Centers in Tucson, AZ, Addison, IL, and several other sites across North America.
- Implementation, configuration, development, and support of SAP (MM/WL/LE/SCM and 3rd party WMS interfaces) along with related applications that support Warehouse & Logistics business processes. Activities include:
- Work with business stakeholders to understand business processes and elicit, define, and analyze business requirements.
- Collaborate with functional and technical teams across all modules of SAP and other applications to define and design proposed solutions that meet business requirements and adhere toapplication design guidelines, strategies, and industry best practices.
- Create deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation.
- Configure, prepare, and test applications to meet designs.
- Facilitate resolution of cross-team business issues.
- Collaborate with business partners on deployment including training, change management, and communications.
- Create documentation and training materials; deliver training and communications; assist in organizational change management.
- Create test cases to cover business processes and system functions; execute tests; analyze and resolve defects.
- Manage own work to deliver according to project schedules; be accountable for delivery.
- Apply project management standards and concepts; prepare work estimates and work schedules; create and update project plans.
- Understanding of LEAN principles such as Kanban, single piece flow and how they apply to warehouse management and material flow.
- Familiar with RF technologies, barcoding and how they support inbound/outbound/inter-plant material movement.
- Support production systems; proactively work to analyze and resolve production problems in a timely manner.Resolve end user service requests.
- Identify opportunities to leverage applications to improve business processes, and support business re-engineering efforts.Research and represent industry best practices.
- Occasional travel required to other Chamberlain facilities (up to 50% travel).
- Familiarity with SCM Supplier Network Collaboration (SNC) a plus.
Education:Bachelor’s in Information Systems or equivalent required. Masters in Computer Science a strong plus.Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in Information Technology, preferably applications development or configuration.
- Minimum 3 years experience with SAP WM/MM/LE including hands-on configuration.
- At least one full lifecycle implementation of SAP including Blueprint phase.
- Minimum 5 years working with business processes related to Warehouse & Logistics such as; Raw materials in a manufacturing environment, Logistics Execution, MRP, Sales &Distribution, Material Master, and Inventory Management.
- Experience with additional SAP solutions including SAP SCM and 3rd party WMS systems (PKMS) desired.
Experience in global environments a strong plus. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Business Systems Analyst Core Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of core business systems and proficiency in configuration and customization in multiple functions. Able to design and develop technical solutions of moderate complexity in their functional area(s).
- Strong skills in systems analysis, problem analysis, troubleshooting, and technical error resolution.
- Strong working knowledge of software development lifecycles and how to take a solution from concept through design, development, testing, and deployment including release and change management.
- Strong business requirements analysis skills and ability to develop alternatives and recommend systems solutions to business problems. Ability to clearly communicate technical topics with business stakeholders.
- Possesses deep knowledge in at least one technical area, and strong breadth of knowledge across other, related, integrated technical areas.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to translate business reporting needs into specific technical requirements and report designs.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Business Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of business processes and operations in their functional area, and an understanding of upstream and downstream business processes and their integration points.
- Business Relationships: Builds strong relationships with stakeholders; appropriately manages stakeholder expectations; collaborates effectively.
- Project Management, Planning & Organizing: Ability to estimate work efforts consistently and accurately; manages own time to meet estimates and project deadlines
- Communication: Communicates clearly and effectively in both written and verbal communications; able to explain technical solutions to a business person.
- Self-driven, fast learning, organized, goal oriented individual with positive attitude.
- Ability to travel in US and to Nogales, Mexico.
- Bilingual Required