Company: Whirlpool Corporation
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world’s 100 most innovative companies by Businessweek magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently we are seeking an Industrial Engineer for our Ottawa, Ohio Operations.
Lead all activities associated with labor utilization. Using strong data analysis, this position will own all costing and projects around continuous improvement, as well as, the efficient use of the plants human resources.
- Provide ways/methods to eliminate all types of waste in the production process
- Ensure all new models/parts efficient integrate into operations
- Own all costing, routers, line balances, labor utilization for the plant
- Drive continuous improvement though detailed analytics
- Support WPS implementation by providing leadership to continuous improvement group.
- Drive operations to achieving short/long term labor productivity targets
- Minimum BA / BS in Operations or Engineering
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of manufacturing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree: Industrial Engineer
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of the use of advanced manufacturing techniques
- Thorough understanding of Lean manufacturing, with an emphasis on Value Streams and Standardized work
- SAP and costing (routers, deletion factors) experience
- Well-developed communications, conflict management, coaching, interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong data analytical skills