AGCO Parts Division is currently seeking a Master Data Specialist to join our Master Data Management (MDM) team in Batavia, IL, Hesston, KS, Jackson, MN or Duluth, GA. This role is responsible for creating and maintaining material master data in SAP according to global data standards while supporting data governance processes. As part of the MDM team, this role is responsible for ensuring the highest level of data integrity, governance, and service to internal customers. This individual must understand the impacts of Master Data on business performance and provide guidance to members of AGCO Supply Chain departments.
To be successful, this role requires strong intuitive skills to proactively ask the appropriate questions to ensure the quality of our master data.
- Understands the impact of master data within the organization and systems
- Processes master data requests in line with service level agreements and responds to queries in a timely fashion.
- Drives internal control and process compliance through active understanding, engagement, and awareness.
- Provides problem-solving support, advice and guidance to internal customers that is professional, responsive, and assumes responsibility for conclusion.
Responsibilities of the Master Data Specialist:
- The Master Data Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day activities and tasks associated with the following key processes:
- Perform Master data maintenance in Globe Parts Central Master Data Repository (CMDR SAP System) based on New Product Introductions, Engineering Change Notices, Parts Marketing releases, and Technical Publication releases
- Collaborate with data owners, such as Engineering, Marketing, NPI and Procurement, to evaluate material master data for integrity and accuracy
- Work with global counterparts in support of data governance and business rules
- Provide master data training and support to end-users as needed to educate them how Parts master data fits into overall Parts Supply Chain processes
- Provide recommendations to internal and external partners to resolve issues
- Ensure data quality, consistency and synchronization across multiple system environments
Required Qualifications of the Master Data Specialist:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Material Master Data experience in an integrated system
- Experience in areas of Data Governance, Master Data Management and Data Quality
- Understanding data “cause and effect” on downstream processes
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency with MS Office Suite – Outlook, Excel, Access, SharePoint
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; solution rather than problem focused
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and consistency in the execution of responsibilities
- Ability to deliver written and oral communication which is clear, concise and relevant to audience both within and outside of the MDM team
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, Agriculture or Automotive experience a plus
Preferred Qualifications of the Master Data Specialist:
- SAP Material Master Data experience
- Organized methodical application of established data governance standards
- Able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with key stakeholders both within and outside of the MDM team to get the job done.
- Comfortable pushing back with customers and stakeholders to protect the integrity of the data management process.
- Understanding of material (part) life cycle.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to learn and adapt to new business processes, technologies, and environments.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and partner in a global/matrix organization.
Education of the Master Data Specialist:
- BachelorDegree in Engineering, Business or Computer related field or comparable work experience