Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA’s East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical/surgery facility providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we are a designated Level II Trauma Center and have broken ground on a $75.6M expansion project to increase emergency room capacity and bring a new patient tower and parking garage to Aventura Hospital and Medical Center.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Behavioral Health Services at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center offer a wide range of inpatient and outpatient mental health services that are tailored to the patient. Aventura Hospital and Medical Center provides adult acute inpatient psychiatric care, and is a Baker Act receiving facility that will treat a wide range of behavioral health diagnoses. Reporting to the Administrative Director, the Nursing Director will manage the operations and activities for the BHS units representing 56 inpatient beds.
- Manage daily operations of BHS to achieve quality improvement, fiscal/productivity goals and patient satisfaction
- Collaborate w/Administrative Director, Hospital leadership and staff to work towards becoming a premier Psychiatric Center of Excellence facility
- Develop procedures for evaluating the effectiveness of the programs’ treatment process to assure the programs’ goals and objectives and patient needs are being met
- Supervise 80 employees
- Ensure compliance with all applicable quality standards as well as federal, state and local licensure requirements, codes and regulations
- Communicate programs/services to the general public, staff members, other professionals, and families of patients
- Oversee the assessment of patients for admission into programs ensuring these services and admission processes operate with a high level of efficiency on a 24/7 basis
- Integrate Department’s services with the Hospital’s primary function, and facilitate collaborative and positive working relations between staff/physicians and all other non-psychiatric services
- Current FL RN license
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- MSN preferred in Mental Health Nursing, Psych Nursing or equivalent
- BLS required, CPI within 3months of hire
- Greater than 5years clinical experience with acute inpatient Behavioral Health Services
- Minimum 3years Director level experience in acute BHS inpatient environment
Job Code: 01643-7302