At XPO Logistics, we know that our success depends on our ability to successfully complete critical projects. As the Manager Engineering Projects, you will provide project management leadership engineering projects including the oversight of related teams and work. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Manage all assigned projects in a manner that will ensure completion within the approved project schedule and budget
- Interface with internal and external customers as required to ensure that the technical, schedule and budget goals of those customers (as they relate to assigned project work) are met
- Develop scopes of work for assigned projects, perform and/or oversee the related teams, and facilitate the implementation of the assigned projects
- Direct and oversee assigned contractor personnel in activities relating to the implementation of assigned projects
- Partner with management teams to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities including project ideas and solutions; organize teams and drive improvement projects around under-performing processes
- Identify, engage, mentor, and develop talented candidates to become Lean and Six Sigma practitioners, Lean leaders, and/or Kaizen facilitators
- Meet or exceed annual cost savings run rate target for all responsible sites
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 or more years of experience in engineering and project management
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field
- 5 years of experience preferably in a distribution center environment, supply chain management, or related field
- Experience with project and resource management
- Experience with Lean tools such as value stream mapping, 5S, standard work, 5 Why Analysis, etc.
- Experience with analytical tools such as flow charts, Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
It’d be great if you also have:
- Lean expert and/or Six Sigma Blackbelt certified
- Advanced degree
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.