The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the administration of server (Windows, Linux, and Solaris), virtual (VMWare and Solaris), and storage infrastructure.
- Administers server (Windows, Linux, and Solaris), virtual (VMware and Solaris), and storage infrastructure.
- Primary administrator and Level 2 approver for all infrastructure change management functions including performance tuning, operating systems enhancements, virtual and fiber switch support, LUN management, and configuration testing.
- Assists in the creation of quality processes including templates, snapshots, and automation.
- Develops patching and backup support for all systems with Application Support Services.
- Analyzes performance, health, and monitoring involving server (Windows, Linux, and Solaris), virtual (VMware and Solaris), and storage infrastructure to assist with recommendations, incident response, and problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in computer science or information systems and three (3) years related work experience in server, virtual systems, or storage administration with a server or virtual system certification. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Knowledge of the following at varying levels depending on assignments: Windows Server, Linux, Solaris, VMWare, SAN/Storage platforms, Active Directory (AD), shell scripting, automation/scheduling concepts, hardware components and internals as well as server build and configuration; ability to analyze and resolve complex problems using independent judgment while communicating effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to provide on-callsupport24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Occasional travel may be required to some enterprise sites.
- Must be US Citizen due to security clearance.