Credit Risk Control Lead ( Branded Cards Operations ), Operational Risk Manager SVP
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control – O&T
This Operational Risk Manager role will be part of the Consumer Business Operational Risk & Control Organization (CBORC) reporting to the North America CBORC Operations Leader and supporting Branded Cards Operations.
The Branded Cards Operations Lead is accountable for all control related matters with respect to North America Branded Cards Operations and aligned functions. This role encompasses all aspects of operational controls and execution, and will serve in a support capacity working closely with the business process owners. The Branded Cards Operations Lead is responsible for effective execution of all requirements associated with the Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA). In addition, this role is responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships across the first, second and third lines of defense.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Partner with Operations teams to effectively define and document business processes and initiatives to assist in risk assessment and control identification
- Assess the spectrum of risks and how those risks arise
- Leverage available tools and processes to support process owners in the design and development of effective controls and monitoring methods, with a focus on automation and efficiency
- Identify key risk indicators and work with the business on development. Effectively challenge to ensure correct measures are in place
- Ensure there is a strong escalation culture within aligned operational areas. Partner with peers across North America and globally to drive consistent execution and learn from incidents that did not occur within direct operational area
- Execute MCA requirements as defined in policy. Optimize efforts to drive efficiency and consistency across North America
- Build strong relationships across all three lines of defense
- Work with Operations teams to ensure adequate preparation for audits and reviews
- Communicate to all stakeholders (including Senior Management) on a timely basis in a clear way
- Identify reputational risk and its operational / financial cause / effects. Manage situations that create risk and legal liabilities for Citi
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in Consumer Operations, Controls and Risk Management
- Strong knowledge of the Consumer Credit Card business and applicable rules, regulations and processes
- BA degree in related field, advanced degree a plus, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated track record in bringing value to the business by being an effective partner and challenger in the right circumstances
- Ability to independently operate in a complex, matrixed environment; adept at delivering and maintaining productive working relationships across business, functions, geographies and lines of defense
- Experience in working with Citi Risk and control tools which are relevant to a dynamic Operations environment – e.g. Change Management, Agile, MCA, KRI’s, CITA etc.
- Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management
- Individual should be analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Technical proficiencies in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Job ID: 17078888