SBT Partners, LLC is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Systems Engineer to join our Managed Services team. As a Managed Services Provider, SBT Partners seeks to provide best in class services through highly skilled employees and process discipline. Our senior level engineers serve as support escalation point, project engineers, and as Technical Account Managers for our managed clients and ensure their satisfaction with the delivery of our services.
The successful candidate will have at 10+ years’ experience implementing, managing, and supporting infrastructure as well as outstanding client relationship and communication skills.
- Support escalation point
- Act as a 3rd level escalation point for our helpdesk team and our field technicians to assist in resolving complex issues across a wide range of technologies
- When appropriate provide mentoring to junior employees by showing them how to resolve the issue instead of simply taking the case over.
- Project Delivery
o Candidate must be able to design and deliver infrastructure solutions based on Microsoft and VMWare products. Examples of projects include:
- Design, spec, and deploy a highly available virtualization infrastructure using shared storage. This includes being able to determine the storage I/O requirements, specify the appropriate servers and SAN, and implement to best practices with multiple storage paths and failover. Preferred candidate will be able to deliver this on the current versions of both VMWare vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V platforms.
- Plan and execute a migration to Exchange 2016 and/or Office 365 from older platforms (2003/2007/2010/2013) with minimal disruption to client productivity.
- Plan, install, and execute an Active Directory upgrade from older versions to 2016/2012 R2, as well as a thorough understanding of domain design, replication topology, and Group Policy deployment.
- Technical Account Management to managed services clients
- Develop a relationship with clients, get to know and understand their business and needs.
- Ensure managed services are delivered successfully and the client is satisfied
- Meet with clients on a scheduled basis to review services and issues
- Assist with strategic road-mapping to assist clients with long term goals. Scope projects that arise from road-map process.
- Act as technical escalation for client issues. Help maintain client documentation.
- Perform needs assessments for potential clients where the support requirements and stabilization needs are determined and documented.
Technical Skills Required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server OS and applications including Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Hyper-V, and associated network services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NPS, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare Infrastructure, including architecture, deployment, disaster recovery, backup, HA, and integration with third-party products (Active Directory, VDI, etc).
- Intermediate or higher level knowledge of storage systems including Dell, NetApp, and EMC, as well as associated technologies and topics (iSCSI, fibre channel, zoning, CHAP, etc).
- Basic network implementation and design skills, including routers, switches, security appliances (Cisco, Aruba, Sonicwall, etc). Intermediate to advanced ability within these skills are a plus.
- Othertechnologies that would be beneficial: Citrix (XenDesktop/XenApp, Netscaler), Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services.
- AS/BS Computer Networking related program or equivalent experience (5 years minimum, 10+ preferred)
- Industry Certifications in relevant technologies expected.
About SBT Partners
SBT is a virtual company and our employees work from a home-based office when they are not at a client site. A quiet work area, high-speed internet, and reliable transportation are requirements for employment. SBT provides the necessary technology to employees to ensure collaboration with the rest of the team, including video phones, a laptop or tablet, and cell phone. SBT also offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical insurance, ancillary benefits, 401K + company match, mileage reimbursement, and paid training opportunities.