- Technical support, application user training, answering technical and operations questions, and
- Provide system solution recommendations to solve business or technical issues.
- Work with team to support, analyze, and derive requirements and assist in the development of new products or improve existing applications.
- Support department's computer assets and user software requirements.
- Work with desktop, network and security departments as personnel requirements change.
- Assist in process development and improvement projects, maintain product quality control and adhere to standard practices in product development.
- Evaluate emerging standards, specifications, development tools, and determine impact on current requirements and recommend alternative solutions that add value.
- Work directly with management to identify and address future program needs and gaps.
- Investigate customer inquiries and respond in a timely fashion.
- Update processes or software as necessary.
- Support requirements for baseline control, content/configuration.
- Support App development for IOS, Android or Windows.
- Strong technical and communication skills required to develop and support a variety of business and production systems.
- Able to plan, analyze, design, test, implement and support software applications, with strong skills in database design, programming/scripting, and project leadership.
- Creative, out of the box thinking to develop and coordinate solutions needed to address immediate issues and document all new and updated processes.
- Computer programming and scripting skills including Perl, Visual Basic, Unix shell scripts, SQL Server, PL/SQL, XML, Java, SGML, Document Type Definitions (DTD), schema, and XSLT.
- Experience in iSO, Android and Windows App development.
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems/development environments.
- Knowledge of common Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including SQL Server.
- Personal computer skills (competent with MS Office applications).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills required.
- Strong analytical and creative skills to comfortably solve complex problems that might involve ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Strong propensity to record and document processes, software and source code.
- Experience with Logistics Management Information (LMI), including application administration a major plus.
- Occasional, short-term travel.
- Able to perform in a team environment including team leadership when required.
- Comply with ISO standards and ITAR regulations as required.
- Occasional weekday and/or weekend overtime required.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Must adhere to strict project schedules and meet extremely high quality standards.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
Conditions of Employment:
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.