DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare P&L statements and manage P&L elements.
- Cost control of expenses i.e., labor, delivery, supplies, maintenance and utilities.
- Track and analyze financial performance when variances exist and define plans to align financial performance with targets.
Support tracking of KPIs and key metrics.
- Gather and compile KPI as defined by management.
- Track and identify trends in KPIs.
- Perform root cause for missed KPIs and outline plans to meet targets.
- Implement change as needed to continuously improve performance and improve efficiencies.
Oversight of distribution center operations and driving strategic initiatives.
- Review and maintain product and equipment inventories .
- Coordinate transfer of product between operations.
- Ensure proper organization, layout, and maintenance of the distribution center to maximize efficiency.
- Provide support to resolve any issues between the warehouse and distribution.
- Plan, assign, and direct work and address complaints and problems as needed.
- Resolve any customer complaints or troubleshoot customer issues as needed.
- Identify improvement opportunities, present and obtain approval for implementation, and implement improvements within the distribution center.
- Oversight of inventory management (monitoring inventory levels and reconcile inventory adjustments) and logistics management (shipping and delivery).
- Understand strategic objectives and execute plans to drive towards those objectives. Support special projects or initiatives as directed by the Market Manager.
- Compliance with all Operations and Customer Support Center (OCS) policies; to include local, State and Federal Agency laws and regulations.
Field Equipment Service (as applicable)
Oversee FEST, RM, and Refurb Tech job performance, including:
- Inspect field equipment that the FESTs and RMs have worked on, or worked with
- Track FEST and RM performance through metrics
- Provide FEST and RM employees with regular coaching and performance management feedback, conduct annual performance reviews as required.
- Directly hire FEST and RM employees at all market locations.
- Responsible for verifying that all equipment meets company operating standards, including sanitary and regulatory requirements, and advising senior management of any changes in regulatory requirements.
- Provides oversight for all equipment installations, de-installations or swap outs. Coordinates installation project management with other Reddy Ice staff, including refurbishment center personnel, customer service and sales.
- Manages parts and equipment inventory so FESTs and RMs have the necessary tools and items to complete their jobs.
Responsible for all aspects of FEST and RM technical training, including:
Partners FESTs and RMs with more experienced coworkers so they can observe and receive live instruction and training. Provides FESTs with direct access to subject matter experts across the country to assist with technical questions. Verifies that all new FESTs and RMs receive adequate initial training and onboarding. Acts as a central point of contact for suggestions for process improvement; compiles these suggestions and shares them with peers to help maintain national SOPs.
Maintain a high safety standard.
- Comply with all OCS safety standards.
- Coordinate the investigation of injuries, accidents and unsafe conditions by following the safety standards.
Focus on employee development.
- Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable work force.
- Recruit and develop staff according to resource plans.
- Create an environment of open communication that rewards and recognizes strong performers.
Demonstrate strong leadership ability.
- Exhibit leadership and maintain a high standard of professionalism at all times.
- Provide supervision and management to employees at the Distribution Center .
- Facilitates effective and timely communication to employees by being accessible, responsive and resolving issues in a timely manner.
Take an active leadership role in the management team at the distribution center Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Internal: Market Manager
All plant personnel
All OCS personnel as required
External: All customers serviced by that location
Various local and state regulators i.e., health, fire, safety
Own and maintain P&L for Distribution Center and control costs to achieve targets. Track and monitor KPIs and implement changes to drive improvements. Maintain operational excellence ensuring processes are effective, monitored, and optimized. Provide clear leadership and build a strong culture that supports and grows employees.
Direct supervision of all department supervisors at location.
Indirect – supervision of all other employees at location.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred
- Min. 2 yrs experience in ice business or related food production industry.
- 3+ years progressively challenging experience managing a medium-sized group of non-exempt employees and working knowledge of distribution operations.
- Quick change environment experience preferred. Ability to work in a 24/7 environment.
- Proven success motivating and mentoring direct reports to a high performance standard.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Self-started with initiative and drive.
- Ability to successfully lead initiatives to drive change and improvements within processes.
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to react quickly and think on your feet.
- Willingness to work varied shifts.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Conditions vary from normal office conditions to all areas inside and outside of a plant. Exposure to extreme temperature fluctuations, electrical hazards, ammonia and heavy moving equipment.
- Minimal travel required
- The job requires working nights and weekends. On-call availability is expcted.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- The job requires excellent manual dexterity and the ability to think quickly under pressure
- The employee will be required to occasionally stand and walk within a plant environment.