About Pacific Central Coast Health Centers
Midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco reside the charming Central Coast communities of Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, and Arroyo Grande. Here, the mission of Dignity Health can be found at Marian Regional Medical Center, French Hospital Medical Center, Arroyo Grande Community Hospital and Pacific Central Coast Health Center’s (PHC).
PHC organization was formed to provide the management, organizational and operational support for community clinics. The philosophy guiding PHC’s practice is to provide the ideal environment for health care delivery. The team approach to patient care is inherent in a group practice environment. Every employee of PHC is a team member who can affect patient care profoundly, either in a positive or a negative sense. Many patients, due to illness, are not at their best and there may be difficult management problems. Tact, understanding, support and patience are essential to a good patient-physician relationship. Each employee is encouraged to contribute toward this successful relationship.
In keeping with Dignity Health, Pacific Central Coast Health Center philosophy, the PHC Operations Manager, under the direction of the Director of Operations, supports and promotes the provision of quality patient care. Actively participates as a team member in the systems, functions and daily activities of the health center.
- Five years working in a health center setting. Experience in the supervision and evaluation of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles, standard practices, procedures and equipment utilized in front and back office medical management
- Ability to coordinate patient care.
- Computer skills in Excel, Word and electronic medical records
- Knowledge of medical terminology and basic procedures.
- Self-motivated and able to achieve results through good organizational skills.
- Must possess a working knowledge of CDPH regulatory requirements
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies and unpredictable situations.
- Bachelor's Degree in managenent or healthcare related field.
Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English and Spanish, clearly,concisely, and accurately.
Job ID 2017-42595