Director / Associate Director, Medical Managed Care - Regional Accounts
The Medical Managed Care Director/Associate Director is the field-based scientific lead serving as the comprehensive scientific/medical/managed care expert for the Sanofi-Genzyme Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology, Immunology (MSOI) Specialty Care business unit. This role develops and maintains professional relationships with population-based healthcare decision makers (HCDMs), facilitates scientific exchange on disease state management and the clinical/economic value of Sanofi-Genzyme products, provides insights to internal teams on evidence gaps to help inform research and product strategy, and identifies/facilitates outcomes research, education, and other collaborations per applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The position supports strategic and cross functional alignment within the organization in order to optimize patient access and ensure safe and appropriate use of Sanofi-Genzyme therapies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as medical scientific lead for assigned healthcare accounts and organizations.
- Identify, develop and maintain credible scientific partnerships with key medical, pharmacy, quality & health economics/outcomes/analyticshealthcare decision-makers and opinion leaders within assigned accounts.
- Lead development and execution of customized medical account plans for assigned accounts in alignment with current Sanofi-Genzyme medical strategies and tactics and per approved policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Facilitate scientific exchange, education and provides access to medical, health policy, and health economic information (e.g., clinical presentations, dossier, budget impact models, etc.), and tailor information to meet the evidence needs of healthcare decision-makers, in alignment with current medical brand strategies and in a compliant manner.
- Collect and share customer insights and evidence gaps that help to inform and advance product portfolio development and customer engagement, including medical brand strategies, customer educational needs, scientific/health outcomes communications, and research priorities.
- Develop strategic medical partnerships related to clinical, evidence-based disease management/health outcome initiatives, aligned with overall medical brand strategy.
- Facilitate the development and placement of appropriate clinical/ health outcomes and population health management studies with appropriate field and home office collaboration and support that is consistent with all applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Contribute to the organization and submission of outcomes research project data for presentation at scientific congresses and authorship in scientific publications.
- Develop strategic scientific partnerships and affiliations with applicable national/regional/local medical, payer, and advocacy associations.
- Provide input and support in development/implementation and participation in Sanofi- Genzyme scientific advisory boards and symposia. Attend and participate as appropriate in corporate and scientific conferences.
- Work cross-functionally with US Market Access (USMA) Account Director team, as well as field commercial teams when needed and as appropriate, to coordinate engagement of and response to customers’ medical/scientific needs including alignment with additional Sanofi-Genzyme resources (e.g., Medical Directors, Brand Team member, HEOR/HEVA, or other functions).
- Provide input and support to the Medical Managed Care Team for the development and delivery of field tools, resources, materials and training (e.g. product dossier, economic models, slide kits, articles, review summaries etc.).
- In alignment with the Medical Managed Care Team Education and Training leader, provide internal training and share expertise on scientific, health policy, and HEOR data to appropriate stakeholders.
- Participate in internal cross-functional teams to provide input on evidence needs, publication plans, educational opportunities, and therapeutic area strategies, tactics, and resources.
- As interested and assigned, serve as Therapeutic Area/Product Strategic Lead:
- Liaise with the US Market Access, Value & Access, Medical Units, HEOR/HEVA and otherinternal stakeholders to contribute to strategic planning, and to lead development, implementation and execution of MMC field strategy, tactics, and associated resources.
- Collaborate with internal home office teams to share and interpret medical and payer value evidence, and support creation of tools, resources, materials and models for payer communications.
- Contribute to developing short and long-term strategies to integrate and advance the communication and needs within the specialty care area.
- Develop and coordinate healthcare decision-maker (customer) insight generation initiatives that align with medical brand plan and key strategic areas of interest.
- Develop and implement appropriate unbranded disease state and product specific tools and tactics that enhance the dissemination of key medical, scientific and health outcomes information.
- Contribute to team training plan by identifying training needs, and supporting development of training materials in coordination with field training and otherinternal stakeholders.
Assigned accounts may include, but are not limited to National and Regional Health Plans, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) operations, Speciality Pharmacy operations, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Medicaid/Medicare, VA/DOD, professional societies, business coalitions, or other academic, medical/pharmacy health economic entities and organizations.
This position reports to Director, Medical Managed Care, West Region and is a member of the Sanofi-Genzyme North American Medical Affairs team.
Territory: Southwest - TX, NM, AZ, CO, OK, NE, ND, SD
The AD/Director levels within the role perform the job with increasing levels of competency and independence.
Work Leadership or Supervision
1) Is the role an individual contributor role? Yes
2) Is the incumbent in charge of leading other Sanofi-Genzyme employees? Yes. Leads assigned project teams; indirect reporting structure;
3) How many employees directly report to this job? 0
4) How many employees indirectly report to this job? Varies based on project assignment
Required Educational Background and Job-Related Experience
- Education: Advanced degreerequired; Doctoral degree - MD, PharmD, or PhD (clinical) strongly preferred; MBA or additional degree in health economics, health outcomes, public health or health policy is a plus.
- Managed care experience strongly preferred (e.g., experience as medical/clinical executive within managedhealthcare organization or similar experience within the pharmaceutical industry)
- Clinical and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in specialty therapeutic fields strongly preferred (e.g., Multiple Sclerosis, Immunology, Dermatology, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Oncology)
- At least 5+ year’s pharmaceutical industry experiencepreferred (e.g., field based medical/HEOR, value-access, market access).
Knowledge, Skills, and Equivalent Experience
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of current US healthcare system, healthcare delivery, and biotechnology drug/devise development process required.
- Broad knowledge of HEOR disciplines, and in-depth understanding of biostatistics and evidence based medicine required (i.e. research methodology, developing clinical protocols, clinical reports, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment in both an independent and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrates a customer service mindset and the ability to gain insights and identify customer needs and opportunities.
- Excellent strategic thinking and negotiation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge to effectively communicate medical, scientific, health economic, and business information to internal and external stakeholders.
#LI - GZ
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.