Sales Director West (Natural Channel)
Recruiting Excellence Since 1989 Davalyn Corporation is a pre-eminent executive search firm. Our philosophy is operational excellence, total commitment to clients and the best professional standards in national and international markets.
Our very high completion rate and the strong level of repeat business from our major clients are our best references. Working in partnership with our clients, we track down and attract the leaders in the corporate world. We seek only those who are effective in what they do and are marked out as achievers in their field. In an increasingly competitive marketplace for top-caliber talent, Davalyn Corporation offers results-driven professional recruiting services to help our clients thrive.
Search underway for a Sales Director – West (Natural Channel). This position will be responsible for leading the company's strategy in the Natural Channel for sales, placement, and promotion.
This individual will support the sales efforts in the territory by managing the broker network and partnering with customers, and internal personnel.
Sales Director Responsibilities:
· Delivering profitable territory sales growth in the natural/specialty channel
· Managing territory trade spending, analyzing promotional and program performance, making appropriate adjustments to enhance and to improve ROI
· Directing, managing, and leading broker selling force to obtain appropriate share of broker resources, achieve alignment, focus, and sales forecast
· Conducting regular field visits with broker sales representatives
· Monitoring and tracking customer and broker performance
· Developing action plans to address challenges and maximize opportunities
· Implementing account and natural channel specific sales plans to achieve revenue and distribution goals
· Preparing and delivering company presentations and proposals to target account
Director of Sales Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3+ years sales and negotiation experience as a top sales leader within better for you/natural/organic grocery channel - CPG (Consumer Package Goods (CPG), consumer products, food, cookies, crackers, snacks, chips, beverage, etc.)
· Must have strong ties to natural retailers/distributors including United Natural Foods, UNFI, Kehe, Whole Foods Market, Sprouts Farmers Market, Earth Fair, Fresh Market, INFRA and NCG
· Must be comfortable working with syndicated data
· Must have ability to travel at least 50 % of time