"We are honored to be elected as one of America's best midsized employers. The Forbes ranking, based on employee recommendations, recognizes our efforts to be the employer of choice in the financialtechnology industry," said Bill Stone, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, SS&C Technologies. “This ranking confirms our relentless focus putting our customers and people first. Our team is our competitive advantage and our most valuable asset. We appreciate the contributions of our 8,000 employees around the world responsible for driving our innovation and success.”
Forbes recognizes top employers based on employee opinions on six key drivers: atmosphere, image, workplace, conditions, compensation, and diversity. SS&C was ranked as above average for five of these drivers within the IT, Internet, Software & Services industry. The annual ranking conducted by Forbes in collaboration with independent, statistics provider Statista surveyed 30,000 American employees working at companies with at least 1,000 employees. Participants were asked anonymously through online panels whether they would recommend their employer or other employers in their industry to a potential employee.
About SS&C Technologies
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial software-enabled services and software for the global financial services industry. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has offices around the world. Some 11,000 financial services organizations, from the world’s largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C’s products and services.
Quality Assurance Engineer – Evansville, IN
SS&C Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of software solutions and services for the international investment community. Investment managers, broker/dealers, sponsors, and custodians around the world use SS&C’s mission-critical and decision support systems. SS&C brings together experts in investments, providing superior client service from its headquarters in Windsor, CT and subsidiaries in Canada, United States, Australia and Europe.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for testing the latest SS&C SaaSTrade Creation solution. This includes developing, continuously improving and delivering both manual and automated testing for each release with a focus on automated testing. This position requires the ability to understand and test detailed functional requirements.
Candidates should possess an open mindset, be prepared for agile development cycles, and the ability to learn both technical and functional requirements quickly. Work for a team where testing is an entry gate in the development process.
- Help develop and enhance QA processes for both manual and automated application testing with a heavy emphasis on automated testing
- Develop expertise in applications/modules assigned for testing
- Work with Agile Team Members to execute testing tasks for assigned projects
- Work with Agile Team Members to complete Sprints and produce on-time, high-quality releases
- Help develop automated regression testing for the product using Postman and other tools
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Information Systems
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Strong communications skills
- Experience in agile methodologies - Scrum
- Minimum of 1 year of application testing experience using automated approaches
- Technical experience with automated test tools for web based applications – Postman or Selenium experience a plus
- Experience with languages such as Python, Java Script, Perl, Ruby a strong plus
- Experience with BlazeMeter or JMeter a plus
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Not afraid to ask questions and figure things out
- Experience in financial services a plus
- Must possess excellent listening, presentation, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Burning desire to learn and continually improve
SS&C OFFERS EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING HEALTH, DENTAL, 401K PLAN, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PLAN, CASUAL DRESS ENVIRONMENT