There’s an energy that’s created when smart people gather to do things that will change the world. It’s what inspires explorers and entrepreneurs. And it’s what inspires us at Blackbaud.
Blackbaud was founded on the idea that technology can be a medium for social change. Over the last thirty years, we’ve delivered software solutions to the nonprofit sector, helping mission-driven organizations manage operations and engage supporters. We have the satisfaction of knowing that our solutions are making a difference every day, allowing our clients to focus their time and resources on what they do best: changing the world. Our employees are innovators and difference-makers who are passionate about generating change. They see the huge impact their work has on organizations doing “good.” They’re socially involved. They work hard. And they have fun.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Shared Services Team, you will be responsible for helping to develop and enhance our merchant services offering as it penetrates into new markets, sustain our existing payments business, and help drive innovation in our software. We are seeking energetic software engineers that have a proven track record of developing solutions for payment services. Join our team of passionate engineers and help us develop world-class software that helps one non-profit at a time.
Our Senior Software Engineers are the technical leads in designing and implementing complex modules and subsystems in a large application. They are involved with requirements definition, application architectural design, and heavily involved in the development process.
- Implement important elements of the payments software architecture and application infrastructure. This includes application database design, architecture design, writing re-usable code, components and application functionality.
- Work with Principal Software Engineers to define the application architecture and create software design for key elements of the application.
- Implement complex components of the application
- Evaluate performance of key elements of the application functionality and tune the performance to cover the range of customer use.
- As the technical lead for a project, work with the manager to assign tasks to developers and monitor their progress against project milestones. Perform design reviews and code reviews for project staff.
- Perform design reviews and code reviews for project staff. Provide scheduling estimates and assist with the scheduling process.
- Mentor other team members in application development techniques and database implementation.
- Participate in the definition of development processes.
- Provide input to managers on the performance of team members for use in their reviews and participates in the interview process of new candidates.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing secure applications using OWASP guidelines is a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software development; experience in implementing web services
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of .NET and object oriented development concepts
- Understanding of SOA principles and implementation methodologies
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL, experience with SQL Server 2008 / 2012preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starter, results-oriented team player willing to do “whatever it takes” in a dynamic and stimulating environment
- In-depth understanding of several key application architecture elements; able to appropriately apply these elements in the implementation of application functionality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts to build superior software products
- Experience building high performance, scalable, robust, 24x7 applications
- Ability to lead technical development projects
- Recognized as a role model for mid-sized teams