Requisition ID 20018255
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We are hiring for a Senior Risk Business Consultant to join our US Region Risk Solutions team of the Global Risk Practice within our Professional Services & Delivery (PSD) organization. This role represents an exciting opportunity for a talented financial risk management professional to play a key business advisory role in our rapidly growing Financial Risk Management and services delivery business. This position reports directly into the Sr Manager, US Risk Solutions, Professional Services & Delivery, based at SAS World Headquarters, Cary, NC.
Financial Risk Management is a strategic priority for SAS globally. SAS is routinely ranked as a leader in the provision of risk management systems. We offer a broad range of risk management solutions to meet the business challenges of our customers. Some of the focus areas for the global and US markets include CECL/IFRS9/IFRS17, CCAR, Stress Testing, Model Risk Management, Credit Scoring, Insurance Risk, and Asset Liability Management.
Our Risk solutions are designed to help senior risk executives and heads of risk departments:
- Improve financial performance by reducing losses, improving capital management and building a risk-aware culture throughout the organization
- Transcend operational silos with an enterprise-wide, fully integrated risk modeling framework that consolidates risk information and provides an accurate, unified view of risk exposures, and delivers critical information to those who need it when they need it
- Reduce time and cost of compliance by establishing processes to ensure data consistency and integrity, and demonstrating system accuracy and control to regulators with documented audit trails, process transparency and complete traceability
- Provide exceptional risk business and regulatory knowledge during services delivery engagements with US risk customers
- Translate complex risk business and regulatory needs from customers and propose risk solutions consisting of SAS software and/or services
- Lead services delivery activities with services delivery teams and customers focused on strategy, scoping, assessment, requirements, and subsequent stages of a services engagement as needed
- Engender the trust and confidence of customers in both our understanding of their business issues and our ability to deliver value with our solutions
- Occasionally support delivery in other countries and regions with your expertise
- Collaborates regularly with consulting teams on services delivery, partnership alliances, and sales support to ensure progress toward divisional goals, joint business plans and individual objectives are progressing and aligned, i.e. PSD global and regional leadership, product management, research & development, product marketing, sales and pre-sales, and education organizations.
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’, as well as your own personal, experience and leadership, and build credibility
- Publish industry articles, blogs, and white papers on relevant domain topics
- Contribute to services delivery assets and collateral (i.e. IP), artifacts, accelerators, best practices, to be used in services delivery that result in repeatable, predictable success for engagements and teams at a regional and global level
- Support other colleagues in the creation of services assets by offering review and constructive criticism
- Support services scoping and pricing activities by providing guidance on customer requirements
- As needed, prepare and deliver presentations to customers at the highest levels of management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Accounting Knowledge and experience (Accounting experience is preferred over the generic Finance dept. experience)
- Specialized knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Risk Model Development; Risk Modeling; Regulatory Capital Calculations (e.g., CRD-IV); Stress Testing; ALLL (including new IFRS9/CECL standards)
- Good general awareness of the full range of risks in financial services (both financial and nonfinancial) that make capable of understanding and analyzing their combined impact on an entire organization
- Excellent analytical and synthesis sense and autonomous way of working
- Flexibility: multitasking, adapting to rapidly changing client contexts and managing time appropriately
- Familiar with the regulatory and accounting rules that set the context of valuation and risk management
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems
- Awareness and comfort with various technology topics
- Ability to work in an open environment with formal and informal teams
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues on risk and compliance technical topics
- Relentless, invincible, positive attitude at all times – a winner!
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Finance, or related field
- Additional education in Statistics, Computer Science, MIS
- Certificates in Risk Management and Accounting Standards
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex math and statistical concepts to an executive audience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in Risk and Finance in the Banking Sector
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership
- Experience with IT technologies to support Finance and Risk processes
- Ability to travel 50% domestically and internationally as business needs dictate