Purpose and Summary of position:
- Initiate/manage environmental related projects including leading NSR Air permitting activities such as data gathering, application processing, review and final issuance, and implementation of compliance systems.
- Coordinate and evaluate environmental activities for the site to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state (Texas) and local environmental air regulations.
- Work with Company environmental and legal groups to evaluate environmental impact of current and proposed regulations.
- Interface with appropriate regulatory agencies and legal counsel on routine and non-routine matters.
- Initiate, prepare and submit necessary NSR and Title V permit applications or amendments.
- Coordinate gathering, generation, and certification of environmental release data and otherrequired regulatory reports to appropriate agencies. Examples include: Title V Deviation and Annual Compliance Certifications, MACT and NSPS periodic reports, NOx and HRVOC Compliance Reports, GHG Mandatory Reporting Rule, Emissions Inventory, and SARA 313 TRI reports.
- NSR permit applications including PSD and Non-attainment determinations.
- LDAR/NSR/NSPS/NESHAP/MACT/PBR Applicability & Compliance
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple simultaneous assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a self-directed individual
Required Years Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in organic chemical industry or oil refining. 3-5 years’ experience with EPA and TCEQ Air regulations.
- BS in Science/Engineering/Environmental or other related.