Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part ofthe most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You will ensure high-quality delivery of our software with a rapidly growing team of software engineers and data scientists. Your background in testing both web and mobile applications will be key in defining the test strategy for the Dataminr front-end, building automated tests, and manually testing new features. You believe in the importance of both high-value manual testing and reliable, robust test automation. You hunt down bugs with ruthless efficiency and are a tireless advocate for quality through the entire development cycle. Engineers love to work with you because of your excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Perform manual testing of new and existing functionality of the web and native iOS and Android applications
- Automate test plans, run them on an established schedule, and report test results
- Participate in an agile development team by testing and accepting new stories, and helping engineers improve the testability and quality of their code
- Report defects, prioritize their severity, and ensure resolution of critical defects prior to release
- Understand customer use cases and help ensure features meet user requirements
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience working in software testing of web applications
- Experience creating test scripts in Selenium or equivalent
- Experience working in agile product development environment
- Natural curiosity, critical thinker, strong attention to detail, highly organized
- Experience working with data analysis and visualization is preferred
- Demonstrated affinity for social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch with bi-monthly company dinner outings
- Snack area with beverages
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.