Responsibilities for this position include the ability to play an integral role in our HR organization to provide support directly to the SVP Human Resources and regional Hawaii business leaders to effectively implement human resources (HR) initiatives, policies and procedures, including compliance, employee onboarding and exiting, performance management, training, compensation, affirmative action planning and employee safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct responsibility for managing several HR functions including employee relations, benefits administration, performance, compensation, training, equal employment/affirmative action, records administration, safety and other employee services.
- Provides employee relations support, including conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement counseling.
- Develops and conducts training for management and employees on a variety of issues including, but not limited to, performance management, diversity, etc.
- Assists management in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of HR programs.
- Studies feedback and develops strategies that balance the needs of employees and management with relation to employee services and policy alignment.
- Direct oversight over all administrative assistants and serves as the de facto Office Manager.
- Responsible for partnering with clients and management on decisions relating to benefits administration, training, performance evaluations, compensation and terminations.
- Maintain WORKDAY data integrity and work with members of the HR team to enter and process data updates via both electronic and paper processes.
- May perform otherresponsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5-10 years of HR Generalist experience - broad experience across all areas of HR.
- Experience managing in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing, and highly complex environment.
- Experienced working within a Shared Services environment.
- High level of organization skills working with large volumes of information.
- Experience with advanced Excel pivot tables, and HRreporting capabilities
- Knowledgeable with Workday, Ultipro or similar HR systems.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Resourceful and able to work efficiently even if given very little direction and information.
- Able to effectively multi-task and handle multiple projects.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions and willing to ask if unsure.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Strong Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude and pro-active.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or a related field.
- PHR certification is a plus.