Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector is seeking a Test Manager 2 to join our team in Huntsville, AL
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Development and Sustainment Contract (DSC) in support of the Missile Defense Agency. Test and Evaluation activities, in support to the integration and test of the Ground Systems (GS) and Ground Based Interceptor (GBI) components are a critical part of our nation’s layered Ballistic Missile Defense System
The qualified applicant will perform as the Manager for the GMD Ground Systems Test and Evaluation team. In this role, you are responsible for technical, cost, schedule, EVMS reporting, staffing and professional development of a team of test engineers. The qualified applicant will manage internal as well as customer deliverables and will support process development and improvement. This position requires collaboration and teambuilding across multiple program IPTs and extensive customer interface.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintain and report status of the test and evaluation activities for all Ground Systems Product test teams
• Provide IMS coordination with the Ground Systems Product Managers on future and current Software and Hardware build activities
• Establish, maintain, and report on all cost account management (CAM) efforts—Baselines, budgets, ETC, Proposal work, IMS, etc.
• Support/Present related Test and Evaluation data at all required internal and external reviews
• Support the Ground Systems Chief Test Engineers/Technical Managers/Product Test Leads in establishing execution plans/reports prior to, during and after formal test activates
•Mentor/guide Test and Evaluation leadership team
• Indirect personnel management of 25 – 45 member activities and scope
• Support individual team members goal reviews and performance evaluations
• Provide technical direction for development test planning, test conduct, test reporting, and integration/checkout support
• Support internal proposal efforts to include Statement of Work decomposition, basis of estimate preparation and submittal, development of related pricing inputs, schedules, etc.
Bachelor's of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
- 10 years of technical experience in a Systems, Test, or Software engineering discipline
- Experience with software testing--formal requirements testing and post installation testing
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with technical teams and upper management.
- Proven collaboration in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
- Ability to obtain & maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
Experience with Missile Defense and Sense/Warn based systems.
- Experience with earned value manangement
- Experience with government proposal efforts and basis of estimate writing
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs.
- Proven communications skills with armed services and government customers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Site Map
- Corporate Governance
- Workplace Accommodations
- Contact Us
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Requisition ID: 17025195