As a key member of the HR Leadership team responsible for execution and management of the Human Resource function supporting up to 500 Family Dollar stores. The HR Manager is responsible for providing operational support and management of HR functional activities including recruiting, succession planning, workforce stabilization, compliance, compensation, benefits, team relations, team member development and employee communications for assigned Region(s). The HR Manager partners with the Regional Directors and Field Managers (i.e. District, Area Operations Manager, Performance Managers and Store Managers) through initiating and conducting various HR functions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with Store Operations Business Partners to ensure Human Resources practices are met including HR Compliance, Staffing Levels, Retention and Team Member Engagement
2. Lead Strategies across the Region(s) to ensure team member development including:
a. Plan and direct succession planning initiatives
b. Drive training compliance across all stores within regions
c. Coach all levels of team members; Field Development
d. Work with individuals and/or teams on Development Plans
3. Execute on store stabilization through partnership interviews, performance management process and turnover programs
4. Provide support and guidance through the Talent Management process
5. Assist Regional Directors and Field Managers with team member engagement
6. Partner with Team Relations, Field Managers and LP Business Partners to conduct and successfully resolve investigations
7. Analyze and provide guidance of people metrics and regional reports to determine opportunities for improvement and develop action-oriented market plans for Store Operations.
8. Provide support and guidance on implementation of new and/or updated projects and programs.
9. Maintain expert knowledge of Federal and State employment law to ensure compliance within Store Operations
10. Represent HR and Store Operations on cross-functional teams projects, new programs and process improvement
Education: Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in Human Resources, Management or a related field; or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of 4-6 years of HR experience; multi-unit experience in an retail or related environment strongly preferred.
Job Related / Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Application Proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Oracle a plus
Certifications: PHR/SPHR Certification a plus.