- Job ID: 17050682
Retail Bank Fraud Prevention Insights Analyst -
TheRetail Bank Fraud Prevention Insights Analyst position will lead Analysis efforts to identify root causes driving loss performance, customerexperience, and loss recovery performance with an emphasis on client abuse losses. This position will requireexperience inrisk assessment, technological sophistication and data mining techniques which will be critical to success. It will also require a strong analyticalorientation and an understanding of fraud types and vectors,retail bank products and a familiarity with operational processes. Candidate will beresponsiblefor:
- Developing analyses and reports that provide visibility into fraud trends, patterns and root causes.
- Using analytical data to create a story-board that Senior Management will use to approve new strategies, process changes or vendor solutions to minimize Fraud exposure.
- Track and report emerging trends and opportunities to Senior Management.
- Support ad-hocrisk policy analysis and projects as required.
- Provide end to end analysis that balances client experience with identification of opportunities in fraud mitigation.
- Apply an excellent working knowledge of Fraud risk analytics.
- Lead development and implementation of effective fraud avoidance, detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and customer experience.
- Interface with internal and external partners to evaluate new tools to build detection and analytical capabilities.
- Apply subject matter expertise to the prioritization and planning of projects in conjunction with fraud management policies and strategies.
- The position requires substantial interaction with Policy, Operations, and other functional business partners to optimize business strategies.
- Provide updates and communicate key initiatives to senior management.
About CitiCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- Strong Business and Data analytical skills with proven track record of complex processes and data analysis/deliverables using SAS/SQL and other data and analytic tools
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deal effectively with demanding business partners
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact successfully with business partners, operations, technology and finance teams
- Strong planning, coordination and organization skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional organization
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) experience
- Good project management
Business and Technical Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience in analytics, preferably in fraud and/or retailbanking domain analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline or business or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of SAS programming including macro and SQL programming including SAS / SAS Enterprise Miner / SAS Enterprise Guide
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Job ID: 17050682