Top Hat is looking for highly driven, sales enthusiasts to join our content sales team. Account Executives will be responsible for selling content for use in the Top Hat platform to professors across North America. Our content sales team is a “start up within a growth company” and we are looking for entrepreneurial and achievement oriented salespeople who are interested in providing interactive course material to professors to make their teaching/learning experience more engaging and effective.
About the Gig
- You will be responsible for owning the entire content sales process in higher education institutions (universities and colleges) across North America
- You will drive significant revenue from Top Hat’s community authorship and content projects.
- You will book meetings, run virtual and on-campus meetings/demonstrations and follow up to close content sales.
- You will work closely with members of our Inside Sales team (Account Directors), who are responsible for engagement platform sales, leveraging their sales pipelines.
- You have 3-5 years of previous experience in a full sales cycle/closing sales role .. and you have blown your quota out of the park
- You have completed a bachelor's degree or have demonstrated equivalent experience
- You have strong sales skills, you keep your sales process organized and have the ability to navigate a new sales process
- You are knowledgeable in the higher education content/textbook space
- You are calm under pressure and are optimistic
- You are highly motivated, smart, achievement oriented and excited to join a team that is driving change in higher education.
About Top Hat: Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating profitably since its 2009 launch. We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us.
The life of a Top Hatter also comes with other sweet perks too:• Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart and motivated to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.• We offer breakfast and catered lunch every day!• Conveniently located at Bloor and Avenue, near 3 TTC stations.• We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named Fastest 50 Growing Companies by Deloitte Consulting!)• Our dress code is casual .. but ask us about our history of Tip Top Fridays!