Junior Product Manager
Exostar is a leader in cloud-based software solutions for identity and access management, collaboration and supply chain management. Initially formed as a joint venture of A&D and commercial aviation industries leaders BAE Systems, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and Rolls-Royce; Exostar now also offers solutions for health care and life sciences industries with leaders such as Merck. Today, Exostar connects and enables over 220,000 organizations in more than 175 countries worldwide.
The Product Manager will report to the Director of Product Management for Exostar’s Risk Management portfolio of products. The role will work under the direction of the Director and will be responsible for one or more products, and/or components of large scope products. The product market scope includes cybersecurityrisk and compliance, supply chain risk factors involving financial, natural disaster, geo-political and equivalent risks. The role will primarily focus on Aerospace and Defense (A&D) customers.
- Develops products by identifying potential products and product features by engaging with current and prospective customers and conducting market research
- Generates detailed clearly written product requirements for development and QA teams using Confluence and JIRA tools
- Determines functional and non-functional requirements and/or specifications including product usability from the product user roles’ perspective
- Establishes the production roadmap and timetables in conjunction with other delivery stakeholders
- Prepares written content for the use in sales presentations, online technical documentation, blogs, white papers, data sheets and competitive analysis
- Delivers time-integrated plans for product introduction and provides critical input for go-to-market strategies
- Act as Subject Matter Expert of the product suite for customer presentations and demonstrations and product usability
- Assists in the development of product business plans and pricing models.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in any of the following areas: cybersecurity compliance; governance, risk management or compliance; identity access management (IAM); secure state-of-the-art SaaS applications; supply chain applications; user portal design
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with customers, prospects, and internal departments
- Excellent writing skills for preparation of all required deliverables of the role
- US citizenship required due to ITAR regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or 9 years of experience in a similar role with no degree