Equity Residential is an S&P 500 real estate company and an industry leading multi-family REIT, headquartered in downtown Chicago. Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
As a Business Systems Analyst on the Information Technology team, you will be responsible for aligning technology to business strategy. Your role is to work closely with business partners to define technology objectives, determine where improvements can be made, and help develop systems and processes that benefit those business improvement goals. Therefore, core responsibilities include gathering and translating business requirements into functional and technical design documents and wireframes, as well as drafting and executing software test scripts. The Business Systems Analyst will serve as the technical subject-matter expert and provide guidance to cross-functional teams and internal business partners in order toeffectively deliver technology initiatives while ensuring both quality and objectives are met throughout theproject. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think strategically, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. Above all, you’ll have a direct hand in delivering tools that enable your business partners to be most successful in driving the organization forward and meeting their day-to-day goals.
Who You Are:
- Knowledgeable. Your background includes a combination of business and information technology, which you’ve built through both educational and professional experiences. You’re comfortable withinformation gathering, data collection, and data analysis, in addition to problem solving with a customer focus in mind. You also have a broad-based familiarity with building data models, evaluating trends, and identifying areas for improvement. Without a doubt, you’ve got strong analytical skills and you know how to apply them accordingly across a variety of data-related activities.
- Technologically Savvy. You’ve got a solid proficiency in writing SQL queries. You’re also comfortableworking with relational database concepts and have a knack for quickly mastering new software. In other words, technology is one of your closest friends!
- Business Liaison. When it comes to integrating business process with systems you enjoy being theconduit with your business partners to lead the project execution and train affected users. Youwork closely with business partners to gather needs systematically, review viable solutions, test new functionality along the way, and track post-implementation results. Data helps you schedulework, implement agreed-upon changes, and complete assigned projects timely.
- Problem Solver. Your previous experience has increased your understanding of data relationships, which has influenced your ability to identify relevant trends and effectively summarize possible solutions. As a result, you are often the go-to when it comes to translating business needs intofunctional and technical requirements for development staff.
- Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear, articulate, and effective, demonstrating your ability to interact with all levels and various teams within the organization and be understood. In addition, you’re skilled in compiling and delivering presentations that help tocoordinate efforts between business partners and IT. By delivering clear communication, you help toensure that projects stay on time, deliverables meet budget, and key stakeholders are aware ofproject statuses.
- Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. Above all, you are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business. In other words, you handle pressure well and do so with confidence!
- Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. You are resourceful, ask smart questions, challenge thestatus quo, and regularly seek to understand. You invest extra energy to reach your goals. And when a special project arises, you volunteer!
- Maintain confidentiality. The ability to work with confidential information, while using discretion, is crucial to this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze and document business requirements for projects and software customizations or configurations, you will work hand in hand with development staff to translate requirements intodeliverables.
- Write SQL statements in order to analyze and compare datasets, looking for trends, issues, or areas for improvement.
- Implement and manage standard testing procedures for system changes, which may include creating, reviewing, executing, and tracking test plans and results. You will also be responsible for validating testing procedures to ensure they meet both business and technical requirements.
- Review and present software upgrades to business partners. Once new or enhanced functionality has been released, you will analyze and test new features and help guide your business partners on using new functionality.
- Participate in acquisition activities as new properties are folded into the Equity Residential portfolio. This includes gathering, formatting, loading, and auditing acquired business data.
- Provide assistance to IT Support team by reviewing issues reported from end users, determining and reconciling discrepancies, solving for root cause of errors, and establishing procedures to correct them.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving capabilities, as well as project management experience.
- Solid experience utilizing solution delivery lifecycle methodologies.
- Must be proficient in documenting use cases and experienced in software quality assurance and technology testing practices.
- Proven strong work ethic, ability to make decisions, and adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing quality of work product. Detail oriented and well-organized,with an exceptional ability to multi-task.
- Team player that demonstrates flexibility and the ability to integrate and work well with others.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – able to speak and write in a clear and articulate manner.
- Motivated to succeed with capacity to assume increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree required, with an emphasis in business or information technology preferred; 3+years relevant business analysis and/or project management work experience required.
- Experience with MRI Software, specifically Multi-Family product offerings preferred.