AM General LLC, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., with major facilities in nearby Mishawaka, Ind., Livonia, Mich., Franklin, Ohio, and offices in Arlington, Va., designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide.
Through its Military business, the company is recognized as a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing and support of Light Tactical Vehicles, having produced and sustained more than 300,000 vehicles in over 60 countries.
AM General’s growing Commercial business includes three wholly owned subsidiaries: diesel engine manufacturer General Engine Products, automatic transmission manufacturer General Transmission Products, and Mobility Ventures, designer and manufacturer of the acclaimed MV-1, the only American made vehicle specifically engineered from the ground up in support of wheelchair users and people with disabilities. AM General is also proud to have been selected by Mercedes-Benz to be its only contract manufacturer in the United States, producing the R-Class vehicle in Mishawaka, Ind.
AM General has more than six decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that stretches across 43 states.
- Performs opportunity, market and economic analyses, and interfaces with AMG leadership and organizations to ensure timely delivery of winning proposals.
- Develops and executes formal capture and win strategies including business solution for pursuit.
- Monitors competitor activity.
- Executes customer call plans to qualify and assess the “win-ability” of new opportunities, and to shape acquisitions.
- Leads and coordinates competitive assessments—determines the strengths and weaknesses of AMG team and potential competitors.
- Evaluates potential teammates to ensure complete coverage of all opportunity requirements, and coordinates teaming activities and decisions.
- Identifies resources required to pursue a bid, and guides bid and proposal activities.
- Leads development of customer profiles—including customer needs, issues, hopes, and biases.
- Regularly interacts with all levels of management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers.
- Prepares pipeline plans.
- Provides input to Business Unit plans and artifacts.
- Ensures development of solutions that offer competitive distinction and readily executable approaches.
- Prepare and lead Gate Reviews.
- Develop B&P spend plans and track all associated expenses.
- Solicit and glean advanced knowledge of pending needs, current systems, future requirements, and organizations to position AMG for pursuit of new contracts and customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- BS degreerequired; Master’s degreepreferred.
- 5+ years of experience in International Sales and related support functions; Technical background in automotive or related areas are a plus.
- Successful track record of account planning and significant (>$50M) capture.
- Military experience in the following areas: Foreign Area Officer (FAO), Defense Attaché (DATT), or Senior Defense Official (SDO) with demonstrated and working knowledge of Foreign Assistance Programs, Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Foreign Military Financing (FMF) acquisitions programs.
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners.
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, business acumen, strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficient experience in use of Microsoft office.
- Strong organizational, initiative, and leadership skills.
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis.