Norris Academy serves both males and females ages 5 - 1eight years of age that present with dual diagnosis of a mental health issue and a neurodevelopmental disorder. The purpose of the program is to provide intensive services to those facing the challenges of dual diagnosis, meaningfully engaging and diminishing problematic behaviors in order to provide the opportunity for transition of the individual back into the community and into the home. The level of treatment is appropriate for individuals currently presenting significant to acute problematic behaviors, which are prohibiting them from community and family participation.
The Clinical Director provides oversight and supervision to the therapeutic program and direct supervision to therapists. The position is responsible for ensuring that each resident receives services appropriate to their identified needs and facilitates the treatment planning process. This position also provides guidance and supervision to 4 therapists responsible for therapy and case management for individual residents to ensure quality delivery of services.
- Make accurate assessments of resident's behavior and clinical needs and assign the appropriate level of supervision necessary to maintain the safety and well-being of the residents under care.
- Serve as the facility liaison/representative to Mental Health Agency committees and coalitions and attends meetings in the community.
- Provide orientation and in-house training to staff on related mental health topics and program management.
- Provide individual, group and family therapy services when applicable.
- Conduct performance evaluations identifying staff training needs and establishing goals for performance improvement.
- Provide orders for restraints when indicated in accordance to federal and state regulation and lead ongoing restraint reduction initiatives.
- Provide orders for precautions to include 1:1 orders, constant observations, and close observation.
- Enforce and abide by all requireddeadlines for treatment.
- Review all clinical documentation to ensure quality as indicated by federal and state regulations.
- Research and develop new clinical programs.
- Participate in quality management program. Ensure timely completion of documentation for all disciplines under his/her supervision.Coordinate and facilitate treatment planning activities.
- Facilitate the development of safety plans for residents and staff.
- Serve as the liaison with resident's family, community case manager and community services in coordinating care.
- Maintain a safe, secure therapeutic environment.
- Master's Degree in Social or Behavioral Sciences required.
- Licensed in the state of Tennessee with appropriate clinical license.
- Supervisory experience in a residential facility preferred.
- Experience with and current knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation standards.
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance after sixty days
Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
Company provided AD&D insurance
Flexible Spending program
Health Savings Account
401K after sixty days
Paid time off