OpenGov is a fast-growing, venture-backed software company that is powering more effective and accountable government. We are the leader in government performance solutions: easy-to-use software for better budgeting, improved reporting and operational intelligence, and comprehensive citizen transparency and open data. OpenGov solutions give governments the right tools and relevant data for more informed decision- making and better outcomes for the public.
Over 1,500 public agencies in 48 states are part of the growing OpenGov network. Founded in 2012, OpenGov customers include the State Treasurer of Ohio, the city of Minneapolis, MN; Maricopa County, AZ; and Washington, DC. OpenGov is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Emerson Collective, 8VC, and Thrive Capital and has headquarters in Redwood City, CA.
Sr. QA Automation Engineer Job Description
As a senior member of the OpenGov Operate team you'll build best-in-class SaaS solutions that enable efficiency, transparency, and accountability within government agencies. You'll be a key member of our engineering team, embedding quality across all aspects of our software in a fast-paced, agile environment.
A typical day in this role would provide opportunities to contribute to the growing capabilities of OpenGov's operational intelligence platform at every level. Starting from the roots of our applications, you'll bring quality automation skills to the table, along with the ability to convert acceptance criteria into tangible test scenarios. Being able to build scalable, performant tests for Web UIs and REST APIs, and grasp distributed service architectures will help enable your success as you strive for feature compliance or simply try break our web applications. Finally, at the top, you'll bring it all together by realizing the vision of our UX team in the front-end.
We value natural self-starters with the ability to communicate ideas effectively and contribute to OpenGov's culture of respect, dedication, and fun. You value clean code, principles over dogma, and making the world a little better everyday.
• Work within a SCRUM team, develop new BDD/TDD features and Scenarios
• Deploy, test and troubleshoot code in a cloud-based environment
• Produce reusable and readable code and libraries
• Aim for 100% code coverage for integration tests
• Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to understand requirements/flows, translating them to tests.
• Work with local and remote engineers on a regionally distributed team
• 6+ years professional experience writing tests within a quality organization
• 3+ years testing modern UI-framework based applications (Angular, React etc)
• 3+ years professional experience defining tests in Gherkin/Cucumber or RSpec
• 2+ years professional experience with Linux CLI
• 2+ years professional experience with Git or another popular CVS
• Solid experience of contributing to products managed by a CI/CD pipeline
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.