The Solutions Architect plays a key role in the pursuit of new business, working across all levels of the client's organization, understanding the client's requirements to craft winning and deliverable solutions.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Demonstrates a high level of understanding of business fundamentals. Is able to understand and analyze a client business strategy and developing an IT roadmap capable of enabling their business strategy through the use of technology. Capable of acting as a Virtual CIO for a client organization.
- Acts as the lead technical resource on Managed IT Services for the Alaska Communications sales teams, capable of leading solutions development and client-side projects as the Alaska Communications' lead contact.
- Provides client service directly when required, and reflects the client urgency when responding to direct customer inquiries and Requests for Solutions Architect (RFSA), no longer than 24 hours after initial request.
- Takes ownership of a particular solution offering, surveying the market landscape for solution insights, direction, vendors, and methods and develops and executes a solution strategy and business plan which supports product growth for that solutions area.
- Act as visionary and strategist for solution product area, and helps business development by serving as a product subject matter expert.
- Shapes, designs, and plans specific service lines in solutions area and spearheads product marketing and promotion for the inside and outside sales organization. Helps marketing department develop marketing materials and position strategies for product area, in conjunction with overall marketing message framework.
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation, and when necessary, works with technical writers to ensure quality internal and external client-oriented documentation.
- Builds and maintains warehouse for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents.
- Interfaces and coordinates tasks with internal and external technical resources. Collaborate with Project Managers and technical directors to provide estimates, develop overall implementation solution plans, and serve lead as required, to implement installation, customization, and integration efforts.
- Oversees aspects of project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within solution area.
- Provides quality assurance for services within solution area.
- Writes, or direct the writing of white papers that further insight and thought in the solution area.
- Assists staffing coordinators to define project team requirements for projects in the solution area.
- Works with internal service teams to establish professional development needs for practitioners in the solution area.
- Mentor and guide junior technical personnel.
- Actively maintains technical competence through the achievement of sales and technical certifications in the solutions sets used by Alaska Communications including: (a) managedinfrastructure: private and public cloud, VDI, storage area networks, servers and operating systems, disaster recovery / business continuity and backup; (b) managedsecurity: gateway unified threat management (UTM) protection and endpoint protection - anti-virus; (c) managed applications: email / exchange and Office 365; (d) managed service desk: IT infrastructure management (e) managednetwork services: customer network management (WAN and LAN), managed communications.
- Actively maintains expert-level technical competence through the achievement of advanced technical certifications in one or more of the solutions areas used by Alaska Communications including: (a) managedinfrastructure (b) managedsecurity (c) managed applications (e) managednetwork services and (f) managed communications.
- Accountability - Ability to plan, organize, measure and coordinate multiple tasks to deliver the budget for product line, revenue and profit.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and question of others.
- Critical thinking - Ability to use thinking and reasoning in gather raw data and processing that data into a meaningful form to solve problems.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Communication Skills Written & Oral - Must have excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to succinctly describe status of business.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business Management. Equivalent education, experience and training may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year for year basis plus five (5) to seven (7) years industry experience as a Solutions Architect, Systems Engineer or Systems Software Consultant. Equivalent education and/or training may be substituted year over year for the experience requirement. Strong hands-on experienceMS Project, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, Project and Visio. SAP Project System or similar experience a plus.