The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with €4 billion revenue and 16,000 employees, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to a great number of sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods and building products. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, scientific expertise and technological know-how to beneficiate its mineral resources, develop formulations and produce synthetic minerals. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
Our North America Performance Additives division is seeking a Plant Supervisor based at the Yellowstone Mine, Cameron, MT. The ideal candidate will fully support the locations health, safety, environmental and quality programs (HSEQ) by participating in their implementation, maintenance, and enforcement as well as compliance with corporate programs and policies. Supervises all functions associated with the Yellowstone ore sorting plant as well as hourly Plant Operations and Maintenance employees.
Supervision of plant operations and maintenance functions
- Develops and integrates 5S/housekeeping improvement plans, ensures long-term sustenance
- Ensures compliance with all applicable health, safety, environmental, and quality (HSEQ) rules and regulations including but not limited to Imerys protocols, MSHA standards, ISO standards, TNA Specialized Work Procedures (SWPs). Facilitates inspections and audits as necessary
- Ensures efficient plant performance including the production of crude ore and mineral recovery in accordance with targets and expectations
- Monthly reporting for key production and maintenance metrics/performance indicators
- Facilitates the completion of Change Management Assessments (CMAs) as necessary
- Directs incident investigation and follow-up including the development and integration of corrective action plans that will prevent re-occurance. Perform root cause analysis as requested by management.
- Facilitates the timely and complete closure of open action items stemming from zone inspections, audits, interactions
- Develops weekly, monthly, and annual plant production schedules incorporating planned maintenance and labor requirements
- Supports the Imerys Improvement Initiative (I-Cube) processes and actively implements business improvement projects
- Coordination of crude ore haulage contractor including ore logistics to the Montana Mills and facilitating driver-specific and annual trainings
- Assists in the development of and adherence to both Plant Operations and Maintenance budgets
- Assess and identify critical issues and problems within common and specific tasks. Develop new Critical Task Procedures (CTPs) as needed
- Purchasing as required for new parts, tools, equipment
- Attends other meetings as needed such as weekly Staff, monthly Communication, etc.
Supervision of plant operations and maintenancE employees
- Completes Task Risk Assessments (TRAs) and encourages the use of task risk assessments (Take 5s) by direct reports
- Supports the payroll process by ensuring that the site timekeeping system (Kronos) is accurate and signed-off accordingly
- Completes semi-annual performance reviews with all direct reports
- Supports hourly incentive programs including the Continuous Improvement Incentive Plan (CIIP)
- Organizes and facilitates weekly tailgate meetings that focus on safety but include other topics such as organizational updates
- Directs training of employees and motivates workforce to accomplish both location and company objectives
- Coach and/or hold employees accountable when requirements are not being met.
- Fully supports the site computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) including work order planning, warehouse and parts management, and labor tracking/scheduling
- Schedule work of the team and assign clear tasks through coordination with the OLP.
- Maintains effective communication with Montana Mills Staff to ensure that ore requirements for these facilities are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Confers with external resources (Imerys shared resources such as HSEQ personnel or otherwise) as appropriate to resolve problems affecting plant functions/personnel.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited program.
- Knowledge in the following areas; safety, health, environmental and quality systems, laboratory procedures, and general mining and operation practices .
- 10+ years of related experience in mining, plant operations and/or maintenance applications.
- 5+ years supervising people preferred