Description Healthgrades is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team in downtown Denver. Are you looking for a company where you can grow and make a difference?
Millions of people use Healthgrades monthly to research, compare and connect with physicians and other healthcare professionals. We provide consumers with the information they need to make more informed decisions, including information about the provider’s experience, patient satisfaction and hospital quality. Physicians and healthcare professionals rely upon Healthgrades, as well, to accurately represent their practice online, make them more relevant and discoverable, and connect them with consumers. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that bring a new level of transparency to healthcare.
The Data Engineer designs, develops, tests, and maintains database functionality to support company clients, products, and services.
- Develops data management framework that is effective, scalable, and reliable
- Builds and maintains database structures, ETL processes, stored procedures, auditreports, and data extracts
- Contributes to development of data warehousing solutions to optimize performance
- Researches and prototypes new technologies
- Ensures compliance of structures and systems with data management objectives
- Participates on the Enterprise Architecture team
- Assists in defining the data management strategy across data domains and products
- Assists in defining and implementing data governance standards, policies, and best practices
- Oversees data transformation, normalization, cleansing, aggregation, workflow management, and business rule application
- Creates and maintains documentation to support developed processes and applications
- Performs quality assurance checks
- Loads, processes, and migrates incoming data feeds
- Creates outgoing data extracts
- Creates relational database models
- Builds messaging queues
- Provides decision support and fulfills ad hoc requests
- Implements and maintains database training and assessment programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Database Development or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience with complex database management systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft databasetechnologies, Java, and ETL
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies
- Ability to set priorities and manage time to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to translate ideas into concepts and designs
- Ability to adhere to strict design principles, policies, and implementation deadlines
- Proficiency in otherdatabasetechnologies may be required for specific structures and/or systems (e.g. Python, Informatica)
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – helping millions of Americans connect with their healthcare providers
- Changing the Game - evolving, fast paced culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- partnering with local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!