Individuals providing this type of support must have knowledge of the principles, policies and practices of DoD and Air Force systems acquisition and program management. Individuals must have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing with clear and concise accuracy. Individuals must have knowledge of business, industrial management, basic contracting procedures to evaluate contractor proposals and activities and to be able to input into acquisition documents. Individuals must have knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for gathering, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of weapons/C2 acquisition programs, throughout the development, production and deployment lifecycle. Individuals must have the knowledge to assess and communicate whether programs are within schedule and cost baselines; be able to recommend viable solutions to problems and recommend effective, alternative strategies and courses of action. Examples of the products and services that Program Management Support personnel will provide include, but are not limited to:
- acquisition documentation and briefings
- coordinating activities with the integrated product team members
- provide input into source selection
- track progress and assist with activities related to cost, schedule and performance
- draft weekly activity reports/monthly status reports
- draft data for input computer based systems
- draft staff summary sheets for coordination with functional offices
- draft parts of a program management briefing
- assist in milestone planning, tracking and scheduling.
Individual will provide PM support for Mini Crypto and Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) Crypto acquisition. Mini Crypto has just passed Milestone (MS)-B and is in the middle of source selection; IFF is in Full Rate of Production...approaching sustainment.
Specific tasks include:
- Adviser to the Government PM on all matters pertaining to the Mini Crypto acquisition and IFF production/sustainment
- Proactively identify issues/risks and provide recommended corrective action and mitigation actions
- Develop strategic briefings for potential users
- Interface with various functionals like Costing, Finance, ACE, security and the DAG
- Travel in support of the projects as required
Minimum Experience Requirements: 7 years of acquisition program management experience, 2 of which must be in defense acquisitions.