The Collections Specialist is responsible for establishing professional working relationships with customers to facilitate timely resolution of past due balances. This position requires someone with strong collections and financials skills, outstanding attention to detail great customer service, research and problem-solving skills. This person will work cross functionally within the organization.
- Research billing issues, recommend solutions and manage disputes through appropriate external customer communications and internal communications
- Update customer account status timely to ensure accurate cash forecasting and otherreporting and analysis.
- Monitor and maintain assigned accounts – customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations
- Proactively reach out to new customers to introduce the department, manage expectations and ensure that existing information is valid and seek billing options
- Provide resolution to any short pays, investigate and determine root case.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional departments regarding customer accounts on a timely basis
- Responsible for updating billing and contact information for customers
- Assist with cash applications
- Evaluate processes and develop improvement plans working closely with all departments
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the accounts receivable team
- 3-5+ years of related billing, sales, retention/cures, collections experience and/or equivalent combination
- Experience working for a cloud/SaaS company is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related fields is preferred
- Deep understanding and knowledge of billing and collections procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, or other cloud business applications is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- A passion to deliver exceptional customer service
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus