We invite you to join our team at Northrop Grumman Technology Services and take you career where it can grow well beyond your expectations. We are recognized as a global provider of award-winning, innovative and cost effective cutting-edge solutions that provide exceptional value and full-spectrum support for sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services. We collaborate across business units to work toward a common goal: global security. Together we protect our troops, ensure public safety, safeguard the storage and exchange of information, and promote a safe and sustainable environment for ourselves and future generations.
We are looking for a Storage Systems Engineer with specialization in storage systems who enjoys the challenge of working on large, complex IT projects and systems and thrives well in a fast-paced environment using cutting-edge technologies. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA) Program, which is a 13 year, $2B program, responsible for providing end-to-end IT Infrastructure to the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Storage Systems Engineer will be a member of the Tier 3 Platform Engineering group. The successful candidate will be working with Subject Matter Experts supporting strategic direction for enterprise storage, databases, data protection and server systems. This role will be responsible for implementing enterprise scale SAN/NAS projects and carrying out engineering activities related to the design, usage and maintenance of SAN/NAS systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, allocates storage
• Works with project management to execute implementation or migration projects.
• Contributes to the development of new services, techniques, and standards. (Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the course of the Program)
• Acts as consultant or advisor to management and customers.
• May be required to participate in an on-call support rotation.
• Ability to mentor and train other team members.
• Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
• Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software
The ideal candidate is a systems thinker, flexible, and have a “can do” attitude. He/she must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and prioritize competing projects and assignments. He/she must possess a good technical depth and experience in multiple technology areas to include server operating systems (Windows, Unix/Linux) and networking.
• Bachelors Degree with 9 years of directly related IT work experience; 7 years with Masters; 4 years with PhD.
• 3 years minimum experience using or managing a SAN/NAS environment.
• 3 years minimum experience using or managing EMC storage arrays (VMAX, VNX, Clariion, Unity).
• Technical knowledge related to infrastructure areas (network, firewall, security).
• Ability to relay and receive information verbally and written.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Experience in developing and maintaining processes, procedures and work instructions.
• Experience working or participating in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and drive efforts to closure, detail focused, with the ability to produce high quality outputs.
• Ability to work across an organization to meet project objectives.
• Understanding of IT service delivery
• Proven customer services in a complex environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Must be a team player, proactive, and possess excellent problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Experience with converged or hyper-converged infrastructure implementations
• Experience using storage automation and management tools (ViPR Controller, CMCNE, Unisphere)
• Experience with Brocade and Cisco FC switches
• EMC certification (ISM, VNX Administrator, VMAX Administrator)
• Scripting knowledge and experience (Unix shell, Powershell)
• SAN migration technologies experience (Open Replicator, SANCopy, SRDF/a)
• Familiarity IBM Storage, NetApp and other vendor technologies
• Experience with HP and Dell server enclosures and virtual switching.
Requisition ID: 17019822