Established Fort Smith, Arkansas Durable Goods Manufacturer is seeking a Quality Engineer, to join their Quality Team.
- Conduct effective in-depth preventative engineering functions
- Participate in inter-departmental activities to support quality improvement efforts
- Identify opportunities and recommend quality breakthrough objectives.
- Establish economically practical quality systems for measurement and control of materials, processes, and product with emphasis on prevention.
- Review proposed product designs for compatibility with the system and plan the quality system.
- Identify problems, prioritize them, and initiate chronic problem solving efforts.
- Coordinate maintenance of Quality Assurance procedures.
- Plan, design, and conduct product, process, and system audits.
- Provide training in product quality requirements and operation of the quality system.
- Participate in fitness-for-use decisions.
Required Education & Experience:
- B.S. Degreerequired in engineering or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience utilizing skills in the Quality field in an Assembly / Fabrication environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in current Quality Assurance procedures and systems.
- Ability to create, organize and deliver effective training tools.
- Knowledge and experience in an ISO certified environment.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of commonly utilized computer applications.
- Must have the ability to interact and work in a factory floor environment.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- ASQ Quality Engineering Certification.
- Six SigmaBlack Belt Certification.
- 3years’ experience in a management role.
- Experience in supplier quality.
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Experience in Lean concepts and application.
SEND YOUR RESUME IN COMPLETE CONFIDENTIALITY!