Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
SPECTRUM ENTERPRISE OVERVIEW:
Superior, reliable, consistent services that deliver value – that’s our focus. Over the years, Charter has invested billions of dollars in infrastructure improvements, unleashing thepower of an advanced, two-way, fully interactive fiber network. By moving to this all-digital network, today’s Charter customers enjoy the most HD TV channels, more On Demand choices and the fastest internet speeds.
Spectrum Enterprise Solutions builds business-to-business solutions with a people-to-people focus, providing the bandwidth and support customers need to accelerate business. Charter’s largest customers enjoy enterprise-grade voice, video, data, network, cloud and managed services via a flexible and secure fiber-based network.
As part of the sales team, the Sales Engineer 2 supports pre-sale activities. Evaluates thecustomers' networking requirements for data, voice, and video. Engineers strategic network solutions that cost effectively meets the customers' needs today and in the future. Prepares and presents technical sales proposals for prospective new and existing customers.
- Communicate with customers directly and through Account Executives to understand prospective customers' current network situations, perform needs analyses, and produce strategic, cost-effective network bids and solutions
- Create and present proposals that successfully meet our customers' communications requirements
- Engineer and design strategic voice, video, or data service to produce a robust, cost effective strategic networking solution for Spectrum Enterprise customers
- Help the prospective client understand the value and benefits of Spectrum Enterprise products or services. Minimize or alleviate prospects' perceived risks in regard to the buying decision.
- Seek opportunities for selling additional services
- Be a consultative resource to existing clients for information, service support or other needs
- Work with other providers of equipment or services, including Charter network engineering and system engineers, to develop winning solutions to customer's data, voice or video network requirements
- Maintain current knowledge of industry and emerging technology trends within the telecommunications industry and assist in thetraining of Account Executives on technical issues
- Mentor junior Sales Engineers as requested
- Five to eight years of Network engineering/administrator experience, network sales
engineering experience or major accounts experience
- Five to eight years Designing IP Networks to deliver Voice/Video/Data, including
Optical Transport Technologies (CWDM, DWDM, Wavelengths) and frame relay or ATM networks
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Ability to prioritize, organize effectively and handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to develop clear and concise spreadsheet costing models.
- Ability to sell products and services.
- Ability to effectively present and explain technical solutions to customers and sales staff
- Knowledge of cable television products and services.
- Basic knowledge of RF systems, including wireless data transport technologies, needed to design solutions to meet therequirements of the opportunities they are supporting
- High degree of knowledge of the following technologies needed to design solutions to meet the requirements ofopportunities the SE are supporting.
- Network design principles including VLAN implementation, sub-netting, spanning tree, VLAN trunking and inter-VLAN routing
- IP routing protocols including RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS and BGP
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 MPLS solutions and technologies
- TDM services including T1/E1, T3/E3, OCx circuits and Frame Relay
- Telephone network design and service delivery, including VoIP
- In-depth knowledge with carrier and MSO interconnections, Central Office collocation, and interconnections and facilitating NOCto NOC relationships.
- Intermediate knowledge of computers and software applications including MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Requires use of standard office equipment and personal computer (PC)/video display terminal, mouse and various peripherals. Equipment requires involved set-up, adjustments and operational procedures (e.g. word processing equipment, personal computers, scanners and digital copier/printer).
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four (4) year college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent training, education and experience
CCDA/CCNA (CCNP preferred) certification required
MEF-CECP 2.0 preferred