RVP of Sales, B2G, Municipal
MUST HAVE Proven experience managing a sales team of at least 3-4, specifically experience leading a team who are selling to government, more specifically local/city/muni/county/state.
I am an Executive Recruiter working on an exclusive retained search for my client; a private technology and services company with revenue in excess of $30mm, who has been in business for more than 30 years, and is very stable, profitable and a leader in their industry. They are geared for continued growth and have grown 10%+ YoY for the last three years. Average tenure at this company is 15+ years, this reports to the SVP Sales and Marketing who has been in this industry for more than 30 years. Position is remote based out of your home office, which will be how you have worked for many years. Extensive travel in region, home on weekends 100%. Probably about 50-65% travel during the first few years.
I have 98% retention rate at my clients after the 5year mark of employment for placed candidates at all levels. I am looking for top performing sales leaders, who are able, willing and eager to lead a regional sales force to double digit % growth year over year (and have done it before!). We are very well connected as my firm and I have long standing relationships with the top Companies and Executives in High Tech and Cutting Edge companies in the US. I promise to take the time to get to know you and your goals. If you are ahead of your peers, I am very interested in a career long relationship between you and I. Of course, I will keep your resume and information confidential and I will not send your resume to any of my clients without your expressed permission. My name is Ken DeWitt and my firm is Summit Executive Search Group.
Please email me your resume in Word format in confidence to: resumes summitexecutivesearch com, include reference code [RVP-Sales-Eastern-B2GSales-SESG-TL] in the subject line. If I am interested and feel I can assist you, expect a list of [get to know you] questions in response to your email as well as a detailed timeline of my client’s hiring process. I believe in being very up front about my process and expectations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties: (This is a “Quarterback” position, not a “Coach”, but does not include a personal quota)
· Lead the Sales function for your region and attain/exceed sales targets while meeting profitability goals (you will not have a personal quota)
· Motivate, evaluate, and retain current sales force and actively recruit, train, motivate, and retain additional sales talent as needed
· Leverage sales analytics tools, prospect and activity management tools, metrics, and other repeatable processes to accelerate team performance
· Proactively pursue and close large new business opportunities with help from internal sales staff and assist in pricing key pursuits
· Manage and mentor your existing team of outside Sales professionals
· Implement Go-to-Market plans for the direct sales, team in your region including customer success, PR, and the ability to sell into a robust installed base as well as new clients
· Forecast results accurately and effectively
· Develop and manage central region sales team training programs (focus on direct sales)
· Provide effective interface between customer demands and corporate resources
· Team player who can effectively interface with other departments to deliver product solutions that meet customer demands
· Manage/finesse customer requirements to ensure commitments are practical and make sound financial sense for the Company
· Deliver value to customers and be able to charge for that value
Manage and grow an existing region of sales in excess of $10mm, but this will increase over time by taking over additional states and existing revenue.
Reports to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Approximately 50% Travel within region.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
Proven experience managing a sales team of at least 3-4, specifically experience leading a team who are selling to government, more specifically local/city/muni/county/state. Plus would be traffic systems knowledge, or work in parallel industry selling to the same offices/points of contact/walking in the same door. 4 year degree required, preferably in technical area, professional and polished presence, sharp business acumen, and sales101 knowledge preferred.