Such responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being the primary RAF contact for the origination and servicing of agricultural loans of customers off all sizes but primarily targeted at $5M and greater in size. Coordinate deal teams composed of department specialists throughout RAF in assisting the structuring, approval, closing and servicing of these large customers.
- Position yourself with customers as a knowledge provider by bringing in the Rabo worldwide perspective on markets, using other RAF services and Rabo Food and Agribusiness Research to set RAF apart from otherloan providers in the market.
- Provide customers annually a presentation of how RAF services can increase their operations efficiency and profitability, be a provider of solutions for customers.
- Grow/maintain your portfolio to a minimum size of $100M and increase profit line each year.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The SRM will be assigned a portfolio of customers to manage their relationship with RAF and monitor the customer goals and needs to expand each relationship in a profitable manner. The SRM will have annual goals with the overriding goal to grow his portfolio and bottom line profit annually. Responsible for identifying marketing opportunities within your assigned territory to grow the RAF/Rabo brand name and enhance the image of Worldwide Food and Agribusiness Research to deliver Local Farm Financial Solutions.
Target the top 25% of agricultural producers to provide RAF solutions to their farm financial needs. Use RAF/Rabo products and services to create solutions for potential customers. Identify customer needs and sell solutions not price (low interest rates). Responsible to identify profitable potential customers who are sustainable/growing and the risk profile of the customer is acceptable to RAF.
To annually grow your portfolio requires direct contact with existing customers to gain new client referrals. The SRM is expected to develop new customer referrals by building relationships with appraisers, attorneys, CPA’s, ag retailers, product buyers, bankers, title companies, realtors and educators. This includes RAF brand building by attending top producer trade shows, farm visits, ag-related seminars, local public events and other ag-related events to promote RAF effectively.
SRM will develop a target list of potential customers in the assigned area which will be contacted on a regular basis. Maintain the customer relationship management (CRM) documentation on prospects, inquiries, direct mail contacts, referrals, and clients to assist in marketing and the overall RAF marketing efforts.
SRM is expected to annually target existing customers for expansion of RAF services. The more RAF services and products a customer utilizes, the better chance of customer retention. The SRM will have annual goals increase the average products utilized per customer in his portfolio.
MARKETS R&R QUALITY FRAMEWORK
SRM is responsible for developing a familiarity with the Markets R&R Quality Framework, relationship development including Client Selection, documentation of client calls and activity, involving Markets in the marketing process as appropriate, generally ensuring that suitable products are sold to suitable clients and the ongoing maintenance of the relationship to recertify client eligibility and reassess client’s suitability.
Actively mentors Financial Analysts in customer relationship building. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate RAF’s Eight Cultural Practices.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Good human relations skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret risk in appraisals, financial statements, crop insurance reports, FSA reports and other customer data.
- Ability to communicate, market and sell RAF products. As shown by passage of RAF or External marketing courses or equivalent testing.
- Successfully completed advanced credit/risk structuring course as identified by RAF or equivalent testing.
- Successfully completed advanced relationship sales and marketing course as identified by RAF or equivalent testing.
- Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to manage cross organizational relationships and have completed managing priorities and relationship training course.
- Experience in loan documentation including the perfection of liens and mortgages on real estate, crops, inventory, machinery and real property throughout RAF’s operating range.
- B.S. Degree with Masters preferred, 7+ years RAF or similar experience.
- Must have strong financial background.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.