KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Note: Contractor and Temporaries: Pls. indicate length of project; maximum 90 days)
The successful candidate will contribute to take LightSmyth/Finisar Oregon’s Manufacturing to the next level by:
- Work with manufacturing support and optical engineers to develop automated test stands for product optical performance and other testing
- Automate data entry from work orders
- Automate data acquisition and evaluation by test setup
- Automate database storage of test data enabling creation of reports, label generation and statistical process control
- Assist to optimize manufacturing/quality control process flow and test stand hardware through interaction with mechanical, optical and manufacturing support engineers
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS (include Education, Skills & Experience): FINISAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Manufacturing automation and related hardware: translation stages, machine vision, auto collimators, chucking fixtures etc.
- Automating data acquisition and processing using LABVIEW, MATLAB or other
- Organizing, processing and storing data in data bases (MS Access, MES, SQL or other)
- Desired: Experience in optical component test using laser sweep station, visual inspection, interferometer
- Educational requirements: A.A/B.S. in engineering or science discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3 years
Finisar is an Excellent Opportunity Employer. We also hire on a non-discriminatory basis.
Finisar Corporation (NASDAQ: FNSR) is a global technology leader of fiber optic subsystems and components that enable high-speed voice, video and data communications for networking, storage, wireless, and cable TV applications. For more than 20 years, Finisar has provided critical optics technologies to system manufacturers to meet the increasing demands for network bandwidth and storage. Finisar is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, USA with R&D, manufacturing sites, and sales offices worldwide.
Job ID 6590