This position is responsible for leading a team of Sr. Analysts/Analysts who execute and manage promotional strategies. This position is accountable for pricing integrity for promotions and for assisting the merchandising team in meeting margin expectations as budgeted in the Merchandise Financial Plan.
The role will partner and provide strategic direction to multiple teams including Buying and Sourcing, Merchandise Planning and Allocation and Finance, to drive total company profitability.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of optimization software solutions and the ability to clearly manage and articulate expectations, forecasts and results to senior leaders within the company to include buying and planning directors and VP’s.
This position includes responsibility to continually communicate to third party optimization solutions provider to manage the relationship and seek solution improvements.
- Manages a team of Sr. Analysts/Analysts to support promotion planning. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for staff as well as identifying associate development and growth opportunities. Develops associates through coaching, mentoring, performance management, talent management and succession planning.
- Manages long-range and daily promotion activities for both preseason planning and in season execution including generating reports, creating spreadsheets, presenting key findings to assigned merchandising team(s). Manages promotions calendar to balance workload in stores and improve price execution. Audits promotion activity to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Provides fact based guidance to Buyers in selecting promotion strategies/rules that result in increased sales, profit and/or market share. Manages rules and strategies within price optimization system. Reviews system generated promotional recommendations for accuracy and alignment to category strategy; Reviews results with Buyers and collaborates on price.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of third party optimization solutions to generate optimal promotional opportunities and execution. This includes: communication to internal and external stakeholders, providing rationale to pricing recommendations, forecasts, price indices (both pre-and-post) and post analytics to assure success and to facilitate long term adherence and delivery of department expectations.
- Provides market and industry insights to competitive indexing and trends. Works to implement best practice to optimize promotion management.
- Supports development/implementation of promotional price tests to validatecategory strategies. Acts as liaison between pricing department and other areas of the business in more tactical or special project situations; identifies areas of disconnect in goals and works toward resolution.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires proficiency typically obtained with 7+ years related experience including 5+ years in pricing and/or promotions.
- Requires demonstrated leadership experience in either a direct or indirect leadership role.
- Requires strong knowledge of pricing and/or promotions concepts such as price elasticity, competitive price positioning, portfolio or strategic pricing, sales and/or margin optimization.
- Ability to synthesize multiple data sets into a coherent story and effectively communicate to various levels of the
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to mentor peers, both inside and outside of dept. interpersonal and communication skills to present recommendations and influence business
- Ability to remain organized with a strong attention to detail and deliver to critical
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and manage multiple
- Self-directed, independent
Job ID MP-17-5755