Project Manager/Agile Team Lead
Working in the Coast Guard's Operations Systems Center of Excellence, the Project Manager/Agile Team Lead (PM/ATL) performs a key role within a large matrixed team of 250+ program staff, government managers and software development teams to sustain and enhance 70+ software applications using a team based approach working within the established DHS Agile and Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) frameworks to deliver mission value frequently, cost effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Coast Guard’s ongoing transition from waterfall to agile software development tools and processes requires PM/ATL candidates to be equally comfortable using either frameworks to deliver projects that exceed customer expectations within established coast, schedule, and performance constraints. The PM/ATL leadership position works with Agile Coaches, Product Owners and other stakeholders, ingests schedules and requirements, facilitates day to day team activities, resolves impediments, reports status, and promotes best practices through standards, processes, and portfolio-level management.
• Facilitate daily SW development/IT system sustainment activities within the established DHS Agile and Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) frameworks using tools in accordance with enterprise procedures (MS Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Project Server, Remedy Change/Release Management)
• Effectively coordinate efforts of analyst, programmers, and specialist teams in sustaining and enhancing IT systems.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with team and stakeholders to ensure project schedule and performance conforms to established functional requirements and government expectations
• Evaluate proposed system modifications or enhancements to determine technical feasibility, supportability, affordability, and performance suitability.
• Identify, formally document, and actively manage risks
• Track project milestones and deliverables
• Identifies and analyzes new business opportunities; ensures that Addx is pursuing and investing in those opportunities supporting the IT business line growth
• Develops and negotiates strategic customer relationships resulting in significant growth for the IT business line
• Manages to service level agreements and performance metrics
• Overseeing federal contract execution
• Maintain customer relationships with federal clients/contracting officials
• Act as capture manager for proposals and assist with proposal development; to include authoring technical volumes
• BA/BS or 6 years (BA/BS and 8 years preferred) comparable project management experience in an IT or systems acquisition environment.
• ICAgile Certified Professional – ICP
• DSDM: Practitioner
• Scrum Alliance: CSD, CSPO, CSM, CSP
• Scrum.org: PSM, PSD
• PMI PMP or ACP certifications,
• Familiar with CMMI, IEEE, ITIL, CSI, PMBOK, and ISO methodologies.
• Knowledge and experience working within an ITIL framework
• Familiarity with DHS Agile and Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) frameworks
• Coast Guard experience preferred
Additional Keywords or Acronyms
Position Selling Points & Notes
Just need resumes that meet the minimum qualifications for the proposal effort.
Education, Experience, Security, Salary
6 - 9
Project Management Professional