Manager, Human Resources Business Partner, Global Commercial
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for providing a broad spectrum of HR services and support for the global marketing and sales organization, specifically focusing on business partnership with the Global Marketing team. Key responsibilities are focused on:
• Understanding the business strategy and commercial functions; partnering with leadership and HR to ensure talent planning and actions support these objectives.
• Fostering an engaging, high-performing culture and a great place to work
• Delivering excellence in HR business partnership and services
• Employee relations, employee development, organizational design/effectiveness, recruitment, onboarding and engagement/retention activities.
• Build trust and respect of employees to ensure they can act as a confidential advisor and support employee issues
• Lead the talent management and succession planning processes for Global Marketing and Global Sales organizations, partnering with the IM Platform HR and various business leaders, ensure a process that enables the right development and movement of talent both within Global and across NA and IM platforms.
• Coordinate the annual HR processes including merit review, PMP and MS&D within Global Marketing and Sales organization
• Work closely with Racine HQ HR team members to ensure alignment and consistent application of U.S. (geography) HR policy and practice.
• Lead / participate in various capability projects related to marketing excellence training and external development (track internal training, recommend external opportunities for employees based on MS&D feedback, continue embedding commercial career development guide, etc.)
Desired Skill requirements/Competencies/Experience:
• Minimum of 7 years of Human Resources Generalist experience, including business partnership with VP(s)
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with people at all levels, including VP’s, CMO, SVP Global Sales & COO.
• Ability to successfully interact with corporate functions and navigate in a headquarters environment
• Demonstrated experience providing constructive and developmental feedback and coaching.
• Highly organized, flexible, willing to make decisions and able to quickly adapt from one situation to the next
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
• Experience working in a matrixed organization where interaction across functions and business units is key to success
• Strong communication skills and change management experience
• Demonstrated experience in problem solving with stakeholder alignment
• Project Management - Develops project plans and communicates changes and progress. Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
• Desire and propensity for external benchmarking and connectivity in the areas of marketing, including MBA and marketing talent environment
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong judgment and decision making skills are required
• Possess a strong work ethic and sense of urgency, self-starter
• Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in influencing others in cross-functional areas.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities which fosters group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Understanding of US employment law
• Proficient with MS Office and experience with HRIS system, system and reporting required, WorkDay experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.