Business Development Manager
WACKER SILICONES is one of the world’s leading silicone manufacturers with silicone-based system solutions with more than 3,000 different products - silicone fluids, rubbers and resins, silanes and pyrogenic silica. At our Ann Arbor, MI site, we are currently looking for a(n) ACEO® Business Development Manager.
The ACEO® Team is a start-up unit with SILICONES and pursues a new business model for WACKER based on a novel technology to 3D print Silicone objects. The team holds all necessary functions including sales. The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for market development and sales for 3D Silicone printing in the North and Central Americas (NCA) region.
The BDM will analyze and segment the various markets, identify business opportunities and end-use markets in the NCA region for silicone 3D printed parts and approach customers to sell. For the time being the sales will be sourced from production in Germany.
The BDM will work closely with the ACEO®-team in Lindach/Germany, both in the technical and commercial field. Moreover the BDM will closely communicate and cooperate with the Sales Manager in Germany for other regions in the world.
- Approach customers, start projects and close sales, develop CDP´s (Customer Development Plans) for selected key customers, typically 3/5 time for customer
- Identify business opportunities in selected focus segments and develop value propositions for target customers
- Analyze and segment the NCA market for silicone 3D printing and observe prospective competition or substitution potential
- Exchange on a regular basis in the frequent Marketing-X-Change meeting with Team Leader, Project Office Manager and EMEA Sales Manager, quarterly visits in Germany
- Proposal of Marketing Communication measures, like trade shows, conferences, lectures, technical stories, in-house-shows, etc. for the NCA region
- Regular trainings in Germany, in the beginning 6-8 weeks in a row for intensive start training with hands-on printing experience
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (product design, mechanical engineering, material science);
- Business acumen (MBA) and sales experience of 3-5 years is desirable
- Entrepreneurial and an innovative approach is desired, should have interest to work in a brand new technology
- High level of persistence is expected
- Excellent communication skills to align customer needs with the production capabilities.
- Need to be able to understand and help creating a concept into the design
- Ability to understand and work with CAD files
- Insight into the IP relevant designs of the customers and the ACEO® printing technology
- Experience in the plastics or rubber industry is required, silicones experience is helpful
- Experience and networks with part manufacturers will be of importance to assist in converting opportunities using other technologies
- Prior work in product design (automotive, medical, industrial)