The Senior Systems Support Specialist is accountable for ensuring maximum business productivity by providing quick restoration of service in the event of an incident through high quality systems support and technical assistance in person, via telephone or from a remote location. Provide regional support for the PC and Network systems at QCD facilities. Adhere to corporate policies and standards, configure PC’s and Network software, trouble shoot problems, and support our client server application environment.
(% of time may vary depending on assignments/projects)
1. Service Desk
· Deliver excellent technical and non-technical support with outstanding customer service and end user satisfaction in a timely manner.
· Provide Level 1 Service Desk support via phone, email or other entry channel.
· Troubleshoot and resolve system, application and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
· Accountable for service restoration for every owned incident.
· Resolve daily issues of a complex scope that impact the team and overall business objectives.
· Work closely with other groups within the organization to communicate issues.
· Accountable for meeting individual and team Service Levels including First Contact Resolution and Average Call Waiting times.
2. Application Support
· Provide Level 2/3 Application Support through escalated incident tickets from the Service Desk per defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
· Manage and monitor applications to ensure all components are functioning at appropriate levels.
· Provide guidance on application functionality for end users.
· Provide support, training and assistance for all computer-related software systems to maximize efficiency & productivity of employees and business operations.
· Provide “new user” setup support.
· Prepare reference tools for users by writing and updating operating instructions.
3. Technical Support
· Provide Level 2/3 Technical Support through escalated incident tickets from the Service Desk per defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
· Provide end-user support including software installation, PC troubleshooting, hardware diagnoses and configuration and training.
· Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
· Monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks for the enterprise and analyze performance indicators.
· Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
· Provide support for regional facilities for personal computers, local area networks, network servers and peripheral equipment to maximize employee productivity. Coordinate resources and services where necessary to support the applications.
· Assist with the coordination of upgrades and new installs to maintain proper synchronization with other corporate systems.
· Adhere to corporate and departmental policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
· Document cable and network schemes.
· Maintain documentation and procedures as directed.
4. Incident/Problem Management
· Accountable to be the Incident Manager for the lifecycle of incidents.
· Provide focus on customer restoration needs to ensure the proper and timely escalation of incidents.
· Review aging of teams’ incidents and take appropriate action, including escalation of incidents.
· Accountable for providing input into and following quality standards and procedures for ticket documentation.
· Accountable for providing input into and following quality standards and procedures for knowledge base contributions.
· Manage proactive incident trending process.
· Lead Problem Management/ Root Cause Analysis (PM/RCA) activities for the IT organization.
· Create and maintain all technical documentation supporting the Service Desk along with developing training materials for the IT teams.
· Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
5. Additional Responsibilities
· Otherresponsibilities and accountabilities may be assigned based on business and organization needs.
- Some travel requirements (20%)
- None – Individual Contributor role
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems from an accredited college or university is preferred. Quality technical schools that specialize in this area may be considered.
- 5+ years of technical systems support and Service Desk work experience.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal communication (oral/written/verbal skills).
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with flexible hours. Overtime and some weekends work will be required.
- Experience and ability to brief upper/executive management on tasks assigned.
- Requires minimal supervision
· ITIL Incident Management
· Packaged Software
· Remote Assistance Tools
· Microsoft Windows7 & 10 Operation systems
· Microsoft Office 2010-2016
· Basic Office Equipment
· Client/Server Systems
· Data Transport
· General Office Applications
· Operating Systems
· User Interface Design
· Windows Administration
· Microsoft Office 365 Admin
· Business Continuity
· Networks, Routers, Switches, Firewalls
· Operating Systems
· Voice and Data Cabling
· Service Level Management
· Business Acumen
· Business Alignment
· Technical Writing
· Innovative Solution Development
· Project Management Methodology (PMM)
· Systems Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Test Plans
The following universal core competencies apply to every job at Golden State Foods. Performance expectations are based on the specific job and grade level.
Maintains the highest standards. Treats others the way you’d like to be treated. Makes the best product. Gives the customer a fair deal.
Exhibits sense of fairness. Leads by example. Consistently lives the Values and Creed. Builds trust by being willing to say “I made a mistake”. Assures that promises are met on time, every time.
INSPIRATION TO OTHERS
Walks the talk. Is supportive of others. Helps others develop great ideas. Looks for the best in others. Rewards positive performance. Finds ways to succeed, not reasons to fail. Is willing to do jobs “below them”. Addresses failures in the process, not the people. Accepts responsibility for own failures. Creates vision for team.
DRIVES TOWARDS HIGHEST QUALITY RESULTS
Is creative and innovative. Is a prudent risk-taker. Always looks for new methods and better ways to run the business. Meets annual goals and objectives. Has a passion for the business. Is willing to change. Puts forth quality efforts.
Represents self honestly in all situations, even if it exposes mistakes or weakness. Gives the customer a fair deal. Always does the right thing, even when no one is watching. Walks the talk. Meets commitments. Applies rules across all levels – no exceptions.
OPEN & HONEST COMMUNICATION
Is timely in communications in both directions. Listens actively. Speaks directly, (say what you mean – mean what you say). Listens with empathy and without judgment. Gets all the facts before jumping to conclusions.
Avoids acting like a big shot. Shares success with others. Recognizes others achievements timely. Reacts constructively to mistakes. Is willing to do whatever is necessary to get job done. Puts other’s success first. Values team over individual. Acknowledges others with Golden Spirit Awards. Creates win/win situations.
Job ID 2017-2591